Moles AAhhhhhhhhhh

ditchman

Just started to get my grass looking healthy.....wake up this morning look out of the window...AAAAhhhhhhhhhhhh.............im off to the hardware shop to get the last 2 scissor traps....i havnt had moles for 14 years

THIS MEANS WAR......

THE NEXT INSTALLEMENT WILL FOLLOW SHORTLY

moles 001tn_.JPG

moles 002tn_.JPG

moles 003tn_.JPG

moles 004tn_.JPG

moles 005tn_.JPG

moles 006tn_.JPG

moles 007tn_.JPG

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diggory, Diggory Delvet,

a little old man in black velvet,

he digs and he delves,

you can see for yourselves,

the mounds dug by Diggory Delvet.

How about a moleskin weskit as your next project Simon ?

Could go on for months. Well at least until your next sabbatical :whistling:

OB

Edited by Old Boggy

The games afoot........................got the machines of death....first thing to do is put yer gloves on and rub lots of untainted soil into the new traps......in old times they would have burried the traps in the ground before using them.........then load the trigger with soil..and load the trap.............

with as little disturbance dig out part of the run and set them in...and gentlty fold back the gobbets of earth  (have to say gobbet as the swear filter kicks in and a buzzer alarm goes off on Zapps computor).............

and wait  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

games afoot 003tn_.JPG

games afoot 004tn_.JPG

games afoot 005tn_.JPG

games afoot 006tn_.JPG

games afoot 007tn_.JPG

games afoot 008tn_.JPG

games afoot 001tn_.JPG

games afoot 002tn_.JPG

Edited by ditchman

23 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

Best of luck to you. I've bagged 4 in the last 5 days. The cats has caught another 2. No new activity for a day or so and I've got my fingers crossed. 

excellent news...from the front....:lol:

2 hours ago, dodgy dave said:

yes and did you get the alarm sorted i must have missed it

yup the alarm mine is up and working....the light seems to be doing the trick tho....

2 hours ago, itchy trigger said:

I've had more success with the shotgun than with traps, also its more fun, wait until the 3rd push, depends on your location and neighbours though.

photo's back in action, what camera did you get Simon?

i got the Lumix TZ70.........very pleased with it   it lets me set the macro up manual  ..aperture speed distance etc............whereas the previous model was all auto and you couldnt overide it..

the funtions are still the same but everything is a lot quicker and the leanse is better....

26 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Can’t believe you’re using standard traps 

no fettling no improvement no hair triggers. 

are you ill ? 🤔

just have to wait and see if they do the job....but they are an old trusted design so should work..

36 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Them dogs were very lucky, it could have turned out a bad Beagle day!

Not wishing to derail the thread, are there any updates coming soon on the clock Ditchy?

the clock thread will continue...when i have done a couple of other things....got to have new inner tubes in the mower as one of them has a slow...and as a result it wont cut even...

I got 2 new scissor traps from mole Valley. They didn't need any modification and are really rather good for a cheap trap. Quite impressed and got 2 of the moles with them. Same with the half barrell type but might trim the trigger bar a bit. Even without they are hair like on the release. Seems mole traps have moved on a bit. 

just checked the traps..............ONE HAD SPRUNG...:yahoo:......................pulled it out ......NADA...ZILCH..UMNA...ZERO...

so much for Ditchman the big white hunter...........how the hell can one of them go off without killing summat  ?????