Moles AAhhhhhhhhhh

ditchman

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

no not yet............when it does i will set it in one of the deep runs..(about 8" down)....there are fewer surface runs now but bigger mole hills....i have been advised there may be as many as 5 moles ...........

i have recieved a PM from one of our boys who is a professional at this game...offering to sort my problem out....which i think was a very kind offer cause the folk on here are like that.....i declined in this instance...as me and this wretched mole thing is now personal and i am determined to sort it out myself....

so as soon as we get the kit to do the job the better...as this thread is starting to wear me down as well....

Hopefully they will be with you soon and I am sure that will be the nail in the coffin for them.

Some once told me that moles need to be very close to some type of water course as they dehydrate easily, not sure how true that is?, do you have any water courses near?

The offer from a mole man was very kind and as said I before if I possessed the knowledge and skills I would drive over to Norfolk and give the Blighter a run for his or her money, however I fully understand you wanting to tackle this personal "Furry Foe" yourself.

Chin up Ditchy, if there is anyone who can sort this out it is you.

atb

7diaw

Ditchman strikes with the back of a no six shovel.

I think you should call the mole aidrian aged 13&3/4

Caddyshack is coming to mind now after folk mentioned Gophers.

I can imagine ditchy's garden looking like the vietcongs tunnels soon.

Just get fat Sarah to pee down the mole hole, they'll drown or scraper.

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

And are you watching it and waiting?

errr yes ...............i cant remember if i set it...............

the spring is that strong it would take yer damn leg off

Edited by ditchman

21 minutes ago, ditchman said:

Many Thanks to "Walker the Stalker"............it is in a new shallow run that was made last night............in the shade of the yew bush....

trap stuff 001tn_.JPG

trap stuff 002tn_.JPG

trap stuff 003tn_.JPG

trap stuff 004tn_.JPG

Try to just cover above the spring ensuring no light can get through. Push the feet in a bit then lift and run a track for them to cross in. Set trap, It needs to be set firm enough so it isn’t pushed up too easily and make sure there aren’t any stones or flints etc which may get in the way of a closing! Cut the hole slightly larger than the trap ie don’t leave a big space they don’t like these (yours looks too wide) . Pick the deepest run you can on shallow runs and a straight section. I tend to hit the newest runs first! 

Edited by Lampwick

1 hour ago, Lampwick said:

Try to just cover above the spring ensuring no light can get through. Push the feet in a bit then lift and run a track for them to cross in. Set trap, It needs to be set firm enough so it isn’t pushed up too easily and make sure there aren’t any stones or flints etc which may get in the way of a closing! Cut the hole slightly larger than the trap ie don’t leave a big space they don’t like these (yours looks too wide) . Pick the deepest run you can on shallow runs and a straight section. I tend to hit the newest runs first! 

Not the same as ditchman’s trap but works on the same principle.

36 minutes ago, ditchman said:

that looks like a bloody palava............

Is that a Polish mole trap? :)

I think the idea is to create a soil bridge that pushes against the trigger plate as the mole pushes the soil upward, the trigger bar needs to be able to move freely out of the way when the trap is triggered, well I think that how they work?

Edited by old'un