ditchman

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Interesting thought and you could be on the right track 

im sure he’s not trying 

do you know of any other place where they make this much palarva over a tiddly little mole 🤔

I'm thinking that he's lost that killer instinct . I believe that this type of thing is quite common as men get older , it goes hand in hand with loss of libido , and the urge to dress up in ladies clothes ,  I think it's something to do with oestrogen levels , but I'll stand to be corrected by a doctor or vet 👍.

Are you removing as much loose soil as possible from the trap area and the tunnels to either side? This prevents soil being pushed ahead of the mole and triggering the trap. I try to smooth off the tunnel floor where the trap is set by pushing down the soil with a fist or spade handle. GBS

CD2E1BEF-FC78-4A7A-AD17-1D18F9298ADF.jpeg

23 minutes ago, ditchman said:

my oestrogen levels are fine ...i check them regular like

"i may no longer be in the army ....but im still on active service ..if you know what i mean.....":friends:

high five that man 👍.

42 minutes ago, ditchman said:

my oestrogen levels are fine ...i check them regular like

"i may no longer be in the army ....but im still on active service ..if you know what i mean.....":friends:

It now takes him all night to do what he used to do all night .He may not be as good as he once was, but he's as good once as he always was, but don't tell the mole .

1 hour ago, GBS said:

Are you removing as much loose soil as possible from the trap area and the tunnels to either side? This prevents soil being pushed ahead of the mole and triggering the trap. I try to smooth off the tunnel floor where the trap is set by pushing down the soil with a fist or spade handle. GBS

CD2E1BEF-FC78-4A7A-AD17-1D18F9298ADF.jpeg

i removed all the loose soil with an old spoon from the tunnels and as much as i could from the bottom of the hole without touching it with my hands

Don't know why, but while perusing this very interesting thread, " Simple Simon " flashed through my head.

I reckon if PW had a thread of the year award like the soaps award, this would definitely win.

I think he doesn't want to harm it as he's grown too fond of it or them.

You are going to miss it when it's gone, you'll be bored to tears.

just checked the trap.............bloody mole has been there........

and you know what................the wretched thing has only tunnelled under the bloody device and carried on....:mad:

have removed excess earth and put the trap back in....................

9 minutes ago, ditchman said:

that is not being helpful....

I know,  but this is providing us with hours of amusement.

Anyway, you rejected my moleproof suggestion on page 4

Edited by amateur

9 minutes ago, JTaylor91 said:

The garden now belongs to the mole, it won’t be long until he has his feet up in the front room and have you making him tea.

in his dreams ....yeah

6 minutes ago, amateur said:

I know,  but this is providing us with hours of amusement.

Anyway, you rejected my moleproof suggestion on page 4

page 4 was a long time ago.........:hmm:

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

just checked the trap.............bloody mole has been there........

and you know what................the wretched thing has only tunnelled under the bloody device and carried on....:mad:

have removed excess earth and put the trap back in....................

I know you said the video looks like a lot “palava” but at least give the bridge idea a try, please.

"Meanwhile back at the ranch"

have just checked the hole again...after emptying it of earthworks........................well stone me....its pushing more muck in,,,,,,,,,,,

............so in effect what im doing is helping the wretched thing dig more efiecintly               ...........the cretin pushes it into the trap hole and then i remove it...........i tell you im starting to lose it now

ranch 001tn_.JPG

ranch 002tn_.JPG

ranch 003tn_.JPG

1 minute ago, ninjaferret said:

It sounds like he's trying to block off the trap. Maybe time to move it................again. Sorry mate.

i think you are right....wot i thought as well

6 minutes ago, old'un said:

I know you said the video looks like a lot “palava” but at least give the bridge idea a try, please.

yes i will give the bridge a go ..............and whilst im at it..............i mean what have i got to loose.........i will put in a turnstyle in.. either end of the bridge and sell tickets to the mole collective..

11 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Looking forward to the tickets going on sale.:good:

no social distancing here............i will have more moles than the last Norwich premiership match....and that was a bloody disaster...3-0...(again)