Moles AAhhhhhhhhhh

ditchman

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Yes , you could see the run as perfectly as you can see a surface run on grass . I just couldn't believe that a mole could work it's way through a hardcore base but it did. 

It's a long sad story , but she ended up buying her gardener a ride on lawn mower after he'd had a heart attack , but her massive lawn was so riddled with mole runs , she was worried that the lawn would collapse under the lawn mower . I trapped moles in her garden every week for years , until I finally managed to get permission to gas a few acres of scrub next door.

Some hefty mole that Mel. Talk about a proper headache!

7 hours ago, ditchman said:

still no mole activity....got my fingers crossed.............

the new mole traps arrived this morning "French Puntange"..........i will post up some pics later as i have to fettle them and put a retaining wire on all of them.........started filling in the mole hills........

i find the hole in the mound then turn the hose on and bit by bit the mound turns into slurry and flows back down the galleries...so all im left with is some yellow grass which will soon green up ...and there wont be any cave-ins...will post some pics later ...as im getting a Tandori ready for tomorrow and stuff

:good:

looks like it was "El Lobo-Molo"

so it looks like we can close this thread down................atb:good:

el lobo molo 001tn_.JPG

I’m looking forward to seeing how you get on with these.  They are very effective.  I’m a huge fan of barrel traps but these are really useful, especially in really close to the surface runs when you can literally see the mole moving the grass as it travels the tunnel.  Also, they are great if you dig into a run at a point with a bend/change of direction.

had to wash them first.......they stink of garlic

30 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Not a problem mate I’ll post you up some ££££

and your still getting paid for your catch and release at the local sanctuary 😊👍

i take it you two old "leg gassers" are with BUPA

got to finish  the shooting table first.....then i need to make something for WALKER THE STALKER 570......then i will start back on the clock....

so we are getting there slowly..

Edited by ditchman

51 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Heh Simon don't be silly. I do NOT want anyhting in reward, just seeing that black furry thing in my trap was more than enough.  Keep that trap very lightly oiled with veggie oil in case a friend comes looking for it's mate. 

you have been targeted ...so shut up.