Moles AAhhhhhhhhhh

ditchman

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just checked the traps before i go to beddy bize....................WOHPEEEEE......:yahoo::yahoo:....TRAP SPRUNG.................

pull it out ......................NUFFIN....BLOODY NUFFIN...:mad:............THEY MUST BE AVIN' A LARF............

this is getting stupid................reset ...watch the press review...im fed up now.........

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

just checked the traps..............ONE HAD SPRUNG...:yahoo:......................pulled it out ......NADA...ZILCH..UMNA...ZERO...

so much for Ditchman the big white hunter...........how the hell can one of them go off without killing summat  ?????

I trap moles for a living (pest control) there is an art to doing it well. You need to choose the right part of the run, set the traps well (fine, not too much cover but not too little) and pray the mole doesn't shove too much dirt ahead of it! Also make sure the jaws of the trap don't close on a stone. Most of the time it's fairly easy but sometimes I find myself chasing the beggars around the lawn wondering if I'm ever going to get it. 

2 minutes ago, Lampwick said:

I trap moles for a living (pest control) there is an art to doing it well. You need to choose the right part of the run, set the traps well (fine, not too much cover but not too little) and pray the mole doesn't shove too much dirt ahead of it! Also make sure the jaws of the trap don't close on a stone. Most of the time it's fairly easy but sometimes I find myself chasing the beggars around the lawn wondering if I'm ever going to get it. 

thanks for that....at least i know im not totally stupid.....i rekon the moles are coming in sideways to it.....as you say it is a bit of an art...

cheers:good:

AN ODE TO DITCHMAN!

There was a gentleman known as Ditchy
Who tried to catch something tichy

It turned out to be a mole
That drove him up the pole

But his trap turned out to be glitchy

With a bit of fine fettling with the trap

From the greatest engineer chap

'Old Mouldwarp' becomes the 'catch of the day'

And he will soon be on his way

With a clickety clack and a snappety snap

Thats how Ditchman keeps them at bay

Edited by 7daysinaweek

well checked the traps thismorning ...nothing sprung...bit more devil maggot activity.................that area of the lawn is starting to look like a really bad episode of bloody time team...without raksha dave showing her bits off

i shall leave these until dinner time ..then i will re-sight them...............and im starting to wonder where my skeet choke is for the A303...........this is becoming an obsession...:mad:

The brother-in-law had moles, they drove him around the bend, quite often I would find him sat out in the garden with the shotgun. He is still having therapy now and this was years ago.

Mick

Edited by powler

43 minutes ago, ditchman said:

well checked the traps thismorning ...nothing sprung...bit more devil maggot activity.................that area of the lawn is starting to look like a really bad episode of bloody time team...without raksha dave showing her bits off

i shall leave these until dinner time ..then i will re-sight them...............and im starting to wonder where my skeet choke is for the A303...........this is becoming an obsession...

Pm me your number if you like and I will talk you through setting the traps properly. 

right Lampwick..........contacted me and gave me a few pointers...most of which i was doing ...but he made 2 very important points.........so i had a look at where i had set them  and no more activity had been carried out since the traps sprung twice yesterday...................and on further investigation i found out why.................

went round the back of the yew bush............bloody hell ..it looks like a 1st world war trench system................so armed with my new knowledge i have moved the traps to that area...

THE GAMES AFOOT ..(AGAIN)

trap reset 001tn_.JPG

trap reset 002tn_.JPG

trap reset 003tn_.JPG

keep looking at them beagals....i think they knew something strange was going to happen...................he on the other hand is a real dork........i can imajine his mrs coming back from tesco's and throwing a wabbly and giving him a smack round the lughole.........

as said before awesome video

40 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Simple, the mole is brighter than you are!

not amused..................this is causing me some angst..........phoned my mate col....and he is dropping by a couple of the old type mole distroyers.....................2 moz..............

by the time they arrive the lawn will look like Vimey Ridge.........

checking the traps....they are still set.............walk round the courner........................BLOODY STONE ME.....THERES ONE THERE PUSHING THE SOIL UP LOIKE BLOODY K2.....DONT NEED A MOLECATCHER I NEED A BLOODY SHERPA

SO i run to the shed to get a spade...run back .....there it is pushing dirt up like a bloody piling rig.....jab the spade in and remove a bloody geat piece of the lawn..............NADA....ZILCH

GOING TO USE THE bERRATTA a303...next time..................