Night Vision

Westley78

I “made” my own with bits from the night vision store and eBay. It came to about 120. There some homemade kits on eBay for 150ish that look ok but you have to decide whether you trust the seller. Otherwise I think it’s starting at 250ish for the viper etc.

4 minutes ago, scouser said:

For the money I don’t think you can beat a PARD 007

Second hand ward is much better than the Pard even if the mounting system is not as well sorted. It takes much less IR to run it and will give greater range and clarity.

I started with a self made kit, well worth the effort. 

I see they have some 'DIY' kits from china at around £80 on ebay, are these any good to get going with?

51 minutes ago, oowee said:

Second hand ward is much better than the Pard even if the mounting system is not as well sorted. It takes much less IR to run it and will give greater range and clarity.

I started with a self made kit, well worth the effort. 

1 hour ago, Westley78 said:

I see they have some 'DIY' kits from china at around £80 on ebay, are these any good to get going with?

No.

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Like rocking horse poo though , plus he doesnt need range.

2 hours ago, scouser said:

For the money I don’t think you can beat a PARD 007

Correct answer, although at the moment , fetching a premium due to supply problems, this will be rectified very shortly though.
I know where there are some new type OLED 007s for £350, which isnt a lot less than the retail ones at £399

I have one Dave G made for me which keeps rolling'em over on my 'big' rifles and I have a semi self made one which I use on the air rifle both are OK but I think you need to feel in your pocket, see how much you can sensibly scrap together and purchase accordingly , the Pard system semms to have a following.

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

Yukons keep coming up for sale, guessing its people getting better gear, but there not add one's, plenty of people start with Chinese cheapies. 

You might be best putting a wanted add up and see what gets offered?

Thanks good idea 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

No.

Like rocking horse poo though , plus he doesnt need range.

Correct answer, although at the moment , fetching a premium due to supply problems, this will be rectified very shortly though.
I know where there are some new type OLED 007s for £350, which isnt a lot less than the retail ones at £399

Thanks for the advice 👍🏻

15 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I have one Dave G made for me which keeps rolling'em over on my 'big' rifles and I have a semi self made one which I use on the air rifle both are OK but I think you need to feel in your pocket, see how much you can sensibly scrap together and purchase accordingly , the Pard system semms to have a following.

I am always a believer that if you buy cheap you end up buying twice so I am happy to spend a reasonable amount on some kit that will perform and stand the test of time.

Ideally I would also like to move up to the big boys toys at some point and it would be usefully to have a kit that works in all situation. But, until I secure a permission with a problem that requires a FAC that will not happen, and who knows if or how long that could be 🤷🏼‍♂️

"Correct answer, although at the moment , fetching a premium due to supply problems, this will be rectified very shortly though.
I know where there are some new type OLED 007s for £350, which isnt a lot less than the retail ones at £399"

Sorry I misunderstand that. Do you mean there is a load of new 007s finally about to appear on the market therefore dropping the market of current models?

•  

oops. not sure what I did there ...

Sorry I misunderstand that. Do you mean there is a load of new 007s finally about to appear on the market therefore dropping the market of current models?

Edited by dm800

4 hours ago, Westley78 said:

‘Buy cheap buy twice’

And here endeth the lesson. Stupidly I went for the Photon RT due to price and the fact it had a in built camera specifically for uploading footage onto youtube. Either I’m doing something seriously wrong or the inbuilt IR isn’t much cop but the video footage is poor, lacking clarity and definition. 

I paid £430 for it brand new and regret not paying that little bit more for something superior. 

Edited by Drummer70

2 hours ago, dm800 said:

That's a creasonable assumption, the high prices in the 2nd hand market will evaporate when stock levels return shortly. 

13 hours ago, toontastic said:

But the pard 007 requires a scope with parallax. I picked up a cheap photon for my air rifle and I find it brilliant for rats.

Hello, been using a mk 1 5x 42 photon on my PCP since I bought it new many years ago, just needs a I/ R torch, mine is a TR 38, you can still buy a mk 1 or better the X T 

19 hours ago, toontastic said:

But the pard 007 requires a scope with parallax. I picked up a cheap photon for my air rifle and I find it brilliant for rats.

5 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, been using a mk 1 5x 42 photon on my PCP since I bought it new many years ago, just needs a I/ R torch, mine is a TR 38, you can still buy a mk 1 or better the X T 

Thanks for the advice guys 👍🏻