Another new gun

SpringDon

I finally have a pcp after years of springers. Bit embarrassed to say what make so just I’ll say it sounds a bit like gay mate, there that’s better.

what have I been missing! Don’t need to do all that muscle control and breathing through your anus malarkey. Just pull the trigger : breath in or out; pant like a dog; eyes closed; standing on your head. It just doesn’t seem to matter. You’ve had it easy all these years.

Just need to find the right pellet for water buffalo at 150 yards and I’ll be set.

3 hours ago, GingerCat said:

even at 704 yards???

That's just silly, 699 max

40 minutes ago, SpringDon said:

It’s a huntsman hr 177. I will add a photo. 
I thought I’d try out the pump. It was fine for a few strokes then appeared to fill with cement and you could virtually do a handstand on the handles. There is definitely a technique to it.

Sounds like something isn't right?

48 minutes ago, SpringDon said:

I thought I’d try out the pump. It was fine for a few strokes then appeared to fill with cement and you could virtually do a handstand on the handles. There is definitely a technique to it.

yep time for a tank or cheap bay compressor, filter on the ol hand pump is a bit basic especially on the moisture side which aint great if you have a steel cylinder on yer gun.

47 minutes ago, SpringDon said:

best thing i ever done was switch to a pcp i wouldn’t go back to a springer if paid a air bottle gives you dry clean air with no straining plenty about secondhand cheap good luck with it 

14 hours ago, Mice! said:

Sounds like something isn't right?

Don’t think so (hope not anyway) , just poor technique and limp wrists.

Here it is, ready to reign mild annoyance on the creatures of the night....

Still at new toy phase but it’s difficult to see how the multi shot pcp could be bettered ( maybe side lever would be nice). At fac power it must be a rival for 22 rim fire.

34B8B869-AC45-49A8-A59F-72C8C5779035.jpeg

22 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Are you trying to prove that a Gaystate CAN hit a barn door in that picture? OH - and no - an FAC will not match a .22lr, even if you could rival the FT/LB you would lose out on air usage/supply versus a pocket full of fluff and a hundred HVHP 22's.

Should have guessed from your user name you’d take umbrage at the idea. Just a thought anyway as I don’t know much about either.

OH - and yes - it will hit a barn door and I’ve shot several one door groups to prove it.

No umbrage here SpringDon - in fact , if you tied me down and tickled me with a feather till I said yes, then the Huntsman is the only Daystate I would allow space in my cabinet - but mainly because of it's looks. As for my user name - cannot recall the last time I used my .22lr - gathering dust since the .17 moved in and sits forlorn buried beneath 14 Shotguns (+/- 1) and a couple of puff guns. Enjoy the Huntsman - LW barrel so should be good. 

22 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

No umbrage here SpringDon - in fact , if you tied me down and tickled me with a feather till I said yes, then the Huntsman is the only Daystate I would allow space in my cabinet - but mainly because of it's looks. As for my user name - cannot recall the last time I used my .22lr - gathering dust since the .17 moved in and sits forlorn buried beneath 14 Shotguns (+/- 1) and a couple of puff guns. Enjoy the Huntsman - LW barrel so should be good. 

I've screenshot it, Bruno said something nice about Daystate!! I'm sure I can hear Angel's singing. 

721982093_Screenshot_20200611-175507_SamsungInternet.jpg.165f089fdc3d3ff58ba7d54b203022d9.jpg

That's just about as much sarcasm as a girl can stand Mice! Gonna stop slating Daystates now and pick on the R-10.

In a dealers last week when a chap came in and said " Do you have a cheap bag for my R-10" - to which the salesman replied "Yes - I think that's a fair swap".

What's the difference between the R-10 and the R-101? - one is a large cumbersome bag of lethal gas contained within a flimsy shell - the other was an Airship.

Gloves are off Mice!!

15 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Well I’m shocked. I assume “cabinet” is some sort of revolting euphemism. I think my new rifle is alright but not to the extent of an obsessive daystate pervert. And whilst wearing a wonder women outfit - the youth of today, I dispair.

13 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Frantically searching for my matching Wonder Woman Bra and Panty set now before looking up the Bus timetables for Lancashire - what time does it open?

It's about time you came out of the closet....... as a Daystate fan 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Let me know what time the bus gets in and I'll get the kettle on,  I'd pick you up but 2mtrs and all that 😅😅😅

12 hours ago, SpringDon said:

Well I’m shocked. I assume “cabinet” is some sort of revolting euphemism. I think my new rifle is alright but not to the extent of an obsessive daystate pervert. And whilst wearing a wonder women outfit - the youth of today, I dispair.

Do apologise for hijacking your thread,  but this is brilliant. 

Have you been out with her yet?

Still zeroing and pellet power checking. Seems ok so far. And (please bear in mind I’ve never shot a pcp) giggling like a girl every time I can just cycle a bolt for the next shot.

Only thing I don’t like is it seems possible to do a double load, especially with the single shot tray. And if the bolt is closed (no magazine), how are you supposed to tell if there is a pellet up the spout short of shining  a light down the barrel?

2 hours ago, SpringDon said:

Only thing I don’t like is it seems possible to do a double load, especially with the single shot tray. And if the bolt is closed (no magazine), how are you supposed to tell if there is a pellet up the spout short of shining  a light down the barrel?

Mine can all do this, many times I've sighted on something squeezed the trigger and nothing has happened,  simply put treat it as loaded, better to have nothing happen than double load, you could look down the barrel but I'd rather just treat it as bolt forward the gun is loaded.