Consensus on Deerhunter?

domp_rex

Looking at buying a deerhunter jacket, specifically the Highland, mostly for ducks, pheasant shoots, and roost shooting. Personally I'm not really familiar with this brand at all, so I was wondering if anyone's had any experience of them - quality, functionality etc.

Thanks

I have had one now for about 6 yrs and only this last winter did I reproof it.  I use it for my 'best' driven days so it hasn't had a huge about of use, probably worn it 120-130 times and one or two of those have been very wet days. Never let me down but noticed a bit of damp on the shoulders last September and purchased a can of re proofer and after putting it through the wash, gave it a good spray. Seems to be back to normal again. I would buy another but this one seems to be going on for ever. 

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Quality wise, Deerhunter are excellent.
Love my Montana, which is half the price of the Highland.
I bought it 2nd hand off here , and would happily pay full price for another.

Seriously Montana half price? Is that at full price? I just bought a Highland for £67, very happy with it! Had deerhunter for years with no probs at all!

https://www.newforestclothing.co.uk/brands/country-clothing/deerhunter/deerhunter-muflon-jacket.html

I bought this coat, my 3rd Deerhunter, the 1st was the original Ram that was bought for £100 as a jacket and trouser suit, the 2nd was a Ram camo which is still very fit for purpose but unsuited for shoot days when we pick up. None have failed me and ive been more than comfortable in weather down to -18 and feet of snow, if anything the new one is too warm in our so far mild winter's. The rain has not got through any of them through some very heavy torrential downpours. 

I have bought Deerhunter because i needed to be able to trust the garments are going to keep me warm and dry, specially  if ive spent a load of money going away shooting. 

Excellent quality product and good value for money.

Be aware that, with some of the more recently designed jackets the hood and its method of attachment have become increasingly bizarre and complex. A case, I suspect, of novelty for it`s own sake which, certainly for me, seriously impedes gun mount when wing shooting.

One of the pairs of Deerhunter trousers I have has the two waist fastening studs positioned one above the other which means that every time I bend down they pop undone. This is really annoying and not the sort of poor design you`d expect from a firm that has produced functional clothing for decades.

14 hours ago, button said:

Thats a cracking price ! Did you see its original price of £259 ?

Thats what I was basing my half price thing on, although the Montana is discontinued , its replaced by the virtually identical Smallville , at around £200.

I might get one of those Highlands at that money , cheers !

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Thats a cracking price ! Did you see its original price of £259 ?

Thats what I was basing my half price thing on, although the Montana is discontinued , its replaced by the virtually identical Smallville , at around £200.

I might get one of those Highlands at that money , cheers !

I dont think you will be disappointed 

I'm very happy with mine

45 minutes ago, button said:

I dont think you will be disappointed 

I'm very happy with mine

23 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, my son bought one and it's his main fishing coat, good quality made

Ordered , I think theyre a bargain :good: