Chicken eggs

Good evening all

Ihad a walk around the other evening around a rape field and over a distance of about 130 yards from the farm there were several broken chicken egg shells along the field edge.

something I assume a fox but after suggestions what else it could be had carried the eggs from the farm and had eaten them in several different places.

A fox had the chickens the other night hence the walk, could find any evidence of any Cubs about so a bit of a mystery 

image.jpeg

15 hours ago, snow white said:

Could be a crow seen them pick up chicken eggs up

Snow White I know crows will take them but I think it's an animal as they are all down the side of the field in the picture, cheers

Jdog  would a stoat carry them 100/ 130 yards that's why I thought fox, I thought Stoats rolled them but not that far, cheers

15 hours ago, London Best said:

I once shot a fox that had been taking goose eggs. When I went to retrieve the corpse I could see goose eggs down the hedge side. Followed the trail of eggshells and found over 100.

Hi London Best, 

I was thinking fox, but not seen it before so thought I would see what others thought

thanks everyone for your replys much appreciated 

I would also go with fox. When I was a kid, my brother had a Jack Russel, give him a chicken egg and he played with it for ages with no damage then when he was ready he'd eat it. He'd carry it in his mouth without breaking it no problem.

Did trap 2 squirrels that were putting eggs into the hollow bottom of a tree, I think if I remember correctly there were 5 in there. Put a fenn in the entrance and restricted it to make it dog proof had them straight away. The distance from the chicken shed was only about 50 ish yds though.