Chernobyl

Scully

Probably been covered, but I hadn’t seen it. Daughter recommended this some time ago but only just got round to watching the short series over the last few nights, and have to say how impressed I am. 
What a massive production, and worked in every way. Superb watch and extremely revealing if anyone hasn’t seen it as yet. 

39 minutes ago, Zapp said:

Agree.  Best thing I've watched in years.  The attention to detail was stunning.

Chernobyl 3828 is a documentary on youtube that's well worth a watch too.

Yes, it had us hooked. Compulsive viewing. Will have a gander at the the YouTube documentary. Cheers.

18 minutes ago, sam triple said:

Is it only on sky ?

I watched it on Prime. I don’t know if Sky have it, but Netflix don’t as yet. 

If you listen to podcasts, its worth getting the Chenobyl podcast, its done with the writer / producer of the show, and goes episode by episode and talks through the history and the changes / choices they made in the show.  Really interesting and actually got me watching the show for a second time.

16 hours ago, oowee said:

Yes very good and very well researched. Just watched 'Normal People' on I player very odd story but addictive. 

Hello, I started watching that but the story line never really changed, would have been better if they went into adult hood with a better ending ?

Hello, never watched  Chernobyl but how much was true to the actual events ?

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, never watched  Chernobyl but how much was true to the actual events ?

Pretty much all of it as far as I’m aware.
I think there was a disclaimer at the end credits stating that the miners ‘head honcho’ was created as an indicator of the character of Russian miners in general. 

It was very good, really captured the mood, there is barely a smile in the whole 5 hours viewing.  Cross-checking the drama with the facts as described in Wikipedia and it was pretty close to factually correct too.  The politically driven, rear-end covering deception was also covered too. Excellent and recommended.  Streamed from Amazon - think was £11.99 in HD so good value. 

Edited by Cosmicblue