figgy

1 hour ago, mick miller said:

I'm glad to see there still going. Always great service there.

steve still is on the desk and is answering the phone.............he makes awful tea......be warned

thursday is a good day to go ...cause they aleays have cream cakes and buns on the desk

Edited by ditchman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The latest on the vehicle is its going to be produced in france. Not that I'm likely to be able to afford one but if I could I now wouldn't have one. 

The "french-grenadier" only available in white and with 12 reverse gears. 

Such a pity if its true, I honestly thought this vehicle had loads of potential and would fill a much needed space in the market.

I watched a fella in Canada who is a Landover seller and mechanic. 

He was wanting one then changed his mind.

Came up with some interesting points though, engine choice was one, BMW as not many choices as all other engine manufacturers have their own serious offriaders. Also dealerships to sell through. Then manufacturing of the car, supposedly Wales but now France, is it a tie in with BMW again as part of the engine and possibly forecourt dealer thing.

On 20/08/2020 at 08:05, Centrepin said:

The latest on the vehicle is its going to be produced in france. Not that I'm likely to be able to afford one but if I could I now wouldn't have one. 

The "french-grenadier" only available in white and with 12 reverse gears. 

Such a pity if its true, I honestly thought this vehicle had loads of potential and would fill a much needed space in the market.

Totally agree ,it started off as a great British project that was to be applauded but it`s just become A N Other  4x4.No doubt I`ll be told it makes economic sense but it`s lost it`s appeal to many no I would think!!

Edited by matone

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/07/2020 at 12:30, PPP said:

I'd love it to be an amazing success, especially as we are overdue a (genuine) British car success story.. Who knows, maybe they will depreciate like a Jag and will be a brilliant used buy for £3.50 when 18 months old..

Doesnt  look like it will be British built now it will be built in France can't remember ever seeing a good large vehicle the French have built think they build good small cars INEOS have missed a trick here should have had a Japanese engine and been bolted together in Britain flying the flag

18 hours ago, Big Pete said:

Doesnt  look like it will be British built now it will be built in France can't remember ever seeing a good large vehicle the French have built think they build good small cars INEOS have missed a trick here should have had a Japanese engine and been bolted together in Britain flying the flag

How sad and I hope they rename it rather than playing on the British name!!!

Ineos Poilu .

Edited by matone

On 09/09/2020 at 21:55, Big Pete said:

The Brit in Canada looked into a Hap engine supplier for the ones. He said no Japanese would supply as it's a direct competitor to their own 4x4 vehicles. It's the reason he said they're using BMW motors, they have nowhere else to go.

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

I lost interest when they used the F word

French🤢🤢🤢

It will be interesting to see how many others think the same!!!! It`s big opening gambit was as a British vehicle,once they walked away I think they lost the game.Time will tell.......