“Sniperhide” bivvi/observer

foxbuster

I have a similar bivy.  It’s ridiculously hot and humid even with the rain fly open.  If  it’s  cold out the condensation runs down the sides and soaks into your sleeping bag.  I bought mine to use as a tent.  I really don’t care for it.  But again mine is not that brand.  

Edited by NoBodyImportant

It looks very much like a fishing bivi but more packable and cheaper. 

Can't see it being any use with a shotgun whatsoever but a rifle yes in the right circumstances. It looks too low to be using a seat inside, so you would probably be sat crossed legged on the floor. Ok if you're young and fit, but get to a certain age and you'll get cramps. 😁

As stated above, anything single skinned will attract condensation if not well ventilated.

It would be ok I think for an odd nights camping in fine weather and for the price and packability, affordable.

Oh😬 Well, my offer was accepted so will give an update when I give it a ‘test drive’.

It was either this or a conventional chair hide, plumped with this as thought it offers a lower profile and greater stability with bipod......we shall see......👍

8 minutes ago, Houseplant said:

Laying on your belly gets quite uncomfortable surprisingly quickly. You could rotate on to your back I suppose, but then you wouldn't be able to see anything. Good idea on paper, but "I'm out"!

When I was in the Army we used self inflating roll mats to insulate from the ground and provide some degree of comfort when laid prone and unable to move around for hours. The smaller versions can be packed into a water bottle size pouch and are surprisingly effective. 

• 1 month later...

After a chat with Foxbuster, I decided to go ahead and buy a Sniperhide from the supplier on eBay.  I was a bit dubious about quality, but I went ahead anyway.  The package arrived late on Saturday, and I tried it out on Sunday.  It's excellent.  In my opinion, it represents wonderful value for money.  It's a substantial piece of kit, not flimsy nylon like some of the other hooped bivi's out there.  It isn't goretex, but it feels like goretex and (most importantly) it is actually breathable.  When I awoke this morning, after sleeping the entire night fully enclosed, there was no internal condensation.  I was impressed!  I slept directly on the ground, with no groundsheet.  No moisture came through the bottom.  Again ... I was impressed.  My sleep system was a Thermarest Venture sleeping mat coupled with a Snugpak Softie sleeping bag and it was 'snug' inside ... but I was still able to move around.  I could sleep on my side with no difficulty.  Seriously, this is an excellent little bivi.

Thanks Foxbuster for alerting me to this wonderful addition to my wilderness equipment!

19 hours ago, scarecrow243 said:

tell that to the game keeper who fell asleep in his house with guns on the table where he fell asleep a passer bye phoned the police he lost his certificates

Not saying you're wrong but that's a different situation. The guy fell asleep in his house where presumably he has a cabinet to store his guns. He was clearly breaching the terms of his licence.