Guns/ hushpower

Shotguneddy

1 hour ago, muncher said:

The A- Tec 12 looks a good bit of kit not sure how much quieter it would be but as it has a valley down the sightline it doesn't effect the sight plain. I am a bit tempted.

I use one on a semi auto 12 bore beretta. Good bit of kit, deadens the sound a fair bit but nowhere near as quiet as my Beretta 20 bore o/u with modded barrels.

It helps to cycle the action too if using subs.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

I use one on a semi auto 12 bore beretta. Good bit of kit, deadens the sound a fair bit but nowhere near as quiet as my Beretta 20 bore o/u with modded barrels.

It helps to cycle the action too if using subs.

What's the sound like with subs? Think I will probably go for a 20 over and under huspower.

1 hour ago, muncher said:

What's the sound like with subs? Think I will probably go for a 20 over and under huspower.

It’s hard to describe how loud it is. The o/u with subs is quiet enough to hear pellet strike. It depends on your surroundings, open fields and shooting into the air is a lot quieter than around sheds etc. At a guess, 100 yards away in an open field, most non shooters would possibly hear something but not know what it was.

I like the A tec as you don’t have a dedicated moderated gun. You only add the suppressor as and when needed. And the sight line is not affected and the balance isn’t bad compared to pumps with mods on. It’s definitely louder than my o/u though. Again, at say a 100 yards, people in houses with windows shut wouldn’t likely hear it, but if they where in gardens it would be noticeable but not annoying. 

Obviously, big difference with subs and sonic cartridges.

it depends what you need. If you need a gun that no one will hear at all, you will struggle with any shotgun but the full modded o/u is probably near enough the best. If you just want to minimise noise pollution or complaints, the A tec may do the job.

Another option is to get your existing o/u barrels sound moderated. That’s what I did, think it cost around £600. Might be an option instead of buying a different gun

57 minutes ago, Pistol p said:

As addition to this, is it possible to buy a screw in moderator for an Armsan A620 semi auto? If so any ideas where?

Hello, try saddlery and Guns in Kent, I know they are busy today try send an email, or you could get you local gun shop to order one which is what I will do, cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the screw on 12 gauge moderator. Had one now for two weeks there ok but not as quite as my 20g investarm with the full length moderator. It's probably better with the hush power cartridges I've tried them in the 20gauge they are quite but best at closer ranges. 

33 minutes ago, mellors said:

Update on the screw on 12 gauge moderator. Had one now for two weeks there ok but not as quite as my 20g investarm with the full length moderator. It's probably better with the hush power cartridges I've tried them in the 20gauge they are quite but best at closer ranges. 

Hello, is that the 10 inch collet type or using a screw in choke adapter, they won't be as good as the full length design as your just reducing the muzzle sound but looking at the chart on saddlery and Guns web site it even a 40 percent reduction helps those shooting in sensitive areas 

On 09/07/2020 at 08:43, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, is that the 10 inch collet type or using a screw in choke adapter, they won't be as good as the full length design as your just reducing the muzzle sound but looking at the chart on saddlery and Guns web site it even a 40 percent reduction helps those shooting in sensitive areas 

Yes the 10 inch. It does reduce noise but i wouldn't say 40%. 

On 07/07/2020 at 09:08, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, ok just to say I have just ordered the 10 inch collet type hush power silencer to go on an old single BSA Italian made single barrel 12 g, should be an interesting project 

On 09/07/2020 at 07:57, mellors said:

So how did you both get on with the mods, do they make a difference and are they worth the money?