Pup price. is this sustainable.

MARSH GUN

On 09/11/2020 at 16:33, B725 said:

I've been speaking to someone today who has been to a rescue centre for a dog as they had to have their dog put to sleep,and they said it was full as people are now getting rid of them now they are going back to work.

I think part is going back to work. The other part is training them and exercise them if I had a Quid for every dog owner i meet. Who thinks that there dog should train itself because they paid 2k and the dogs parents were well behaved. The look of confusion when I stop at the pavement edge and my dog sits usually  without a word or movement from me ( she does sometimes forget ! ).

A few have refused to believe she is just over a year old my best answer to how do you get her to do that ?  is every walk is a training session and we are both learning on every walk

I think the bottom will fall out the market and there will be major problems with unwanted dogs !

regards Agriv8 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, 243deer said:

ad from a litter of labs near me (just someone trying to make money, not a respectable breeder), 3000 each 3 weeks ago, still none sold, now 1500 each. No papers, obviously no consideration for cogenital issues, poor puppies

First sign that bubble had popped then ! I am on my first dog as parent after my boys old enough to understand there has to be rules re dog in house.

Poor poor puppies !

3 hours ago, B725 said:

My mates niece has just paid 4k for a boxer pup that had to come from Ireland then collected from Manchester. 

A couple we are friends with, the one girls brother is a dog transporter from Ireland.

He has done it for years. He’s a fairly tidy bloke to be fair it’s just a business to him. 

He would buy entire litters of pups off people in Ireland where dogs were cheap, then he would drive to the U.K. and sell the whole litter. Usually buy a car in the U.K. and take the car back to Ireland to sell over there as harder to get certain models. 

He is struggling at the moment as he said absolutely everyone is trying to buy dogs in Ireland and bring them over to the U.K. to sell. 

He used to do a lot of bulldogs. Always amazed me what some people would do. Never met or spoke to the bloke before but would see his ad online, pay £2-3000 into his bank account and he would drop the dog off to wherever they were in the country. This was before all the price madness. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, captainhastings said:

Every one is jumping on the band wagon. Woman on FB now advertising cocker pups 2500 each. Look through her posts and you can see she bought the bitch pup in 2019. She is making them appealing and legally docked kc registered etc. But its just a money maker. So another pile of unproven pups. Just amazes me people pay it

You’d have to be a cock to buy one off her. 

Simple solution, stop buying them. 
Idiots keep buying them so the idiots keep breeding them. 

I think leave it a little while and let the dust settles as they say ,like you say tagether if there aren't the ****'s to pay that money the money grabbing bar**** puppy farms as I call them could not ask that price . I. think also in my area that the amount of working dogs are not available because the in thing at the moment is anything with cocka in front of it cockapoo mainly ,people in North Norfolk with the mud painted Range Rovers for the weekend and a cockapoo running loose every where Take care tagether.

1 hour ago, Morkin said:

I think leave it a little while and let the dust settles as they say ,like you say tagether if there aren't the ****'s to pay that money the money grabbing bar**** puppy farms as I call them could not ask that price . I. think also in my area that the amount of working dogs are not available because the in thing at the moment is anything with cocka in front of it cockapoo mainly ,people in North Norfolk with the mud painted Range Rovers for the weekend and a cockapoo running loose every where Take care tagether.

I agree mate see far too many people like that in Norfolk. I loved going through Burnham in my old Lightweight Landy when I stripped it down to ally for the repaint. Morons would park in the middle of the road almost they soon stooped once my landy became multicoloured from there paint 🤣

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Agriv8 said:

Here we go - people realising doge do not train themselves!

from the bbc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-55719338

regrards Agriv8 

My cocker pup is almost 4 months and I'm constantly being asked who's trained her when we are on a walk - I've done very little with her yet - Sit, come, fetch and (almost!) walking to heel on a lead. The people that ask are generally being dragged around by a French poodle or a cockerdoodlepoo type cross with boundless energy and a clueless owner

It's not just mongrels, I saw a man with 2 youngish lab, with absolutely zero control -- none, of course he was amazed than mine actually obeyed me, even in the middle of playing. "Wow how early did you start training her?" --- errrr since I got her really, 8 weeks old, everyday single interaction is "training"