Pup price. is this sustainable.

On 05/08/2020 at 19:24, Scully said:

My Border terrier 15 years ago was 650.00 quid, with a pedigree second to none.

I have just paid 500 for a black lab’ from working stock. No papers but know both parents well. 

Thats a bargain 👍🏻 

On 11/06/2020 at 10:02, Boristhedog said:

It's only possible because idiots pay the price

SPOT ON  if no one bought the pups at rip off money making prices puppy farms would not be able to make the scum that run them a nice living while the bitches suffer pumping litter one after another .

and genuine breeders who are in it to keep good bloodlines and the like correct whilst charging an acceptable price to cover their  time and experience of rearing good healthy pups .... wouldnt be tarred with the same brush 

and genuine people who are looking for a dog for all the right reasons would be able to afford them and make sure they go to a good home 

as i am but at the prices there is no way i can afford a new shooting companion

Edited by hodge911
22 hours ago, hodge911 said:

SPOT ON  if no one bought the pups at rip off money making prices puppy farms would not be able to make the scum that run them a nice living while the bitches suffer pumping litter one after another .

and genuine breeders who are in it to keep good bloodlines and the like correct whilst charging an acceptable price to cover their  time and experience of rearing good healthy pups .... wouldnt be tarred with the same brush 

and genuine people who are looking for a dog for all the right reasons would be able to afford them and make sure they go to a good home 

as i am but at the prices there is no way i can afford a new shooting companion

You say that but a know a lad who had a litter of border collie pups. 
3 were blue merls which he advertised at £500. 
A bloke turned up bought 2 and after paying said he’d get 2k each for them!

Several of the lads have advertised well bred dogs and had people ring up and ask whats wrong with them :lol: :/ ... they'll go off and instead buy some **** from a puppy farmer for £2,500 instead I bet. 

Just been on gumtree and a litter of 9 cockerpoo,s at £2750 a pop ....££24750.. nice little earner ..

But with prices like that who can blame the people for jumping on the bandwagon .

BUT if IDIOT'S didn't pay that type of money  .(.....................) ..place your answer in brackets 

Edited by hodge911
1 hour ago, Fatcatsplat said:

I posted about this a month or so back - We're looking to get a new pup but prices are flippin ridiculous. Part of me wants to wait and see what turns up at Battersea in November

Probably a good idea, with so many people back to work i would say the puppy dumping has already started. was there not already footage of someone tying a golden retriever up in a car park and driving off? 

• 2 weeks later...