Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GREENGRASS

Anthus pratensis

Recommended Posts

Taken whilst visiting Long Mynd before lock down

GG :ninja:

Large resolution image on Flickr: GREENGRASS  F1 

Meadow-Pipit-with-feed-LP-crop.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya GG

Why dont  myphotos look like that.............?

Seriously - wonderful photo! Thank you for posting up to share.

L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful,  may i ask a question, do you lay and wait  [make or use a hide] or do you happen upon the opportunity and quickly take the photo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, islandgun said:

Beautiful,  may i ask a question, do you lay and wait  [make or use a hide] or do you happen upon the opportunity and quickly take the photo

Good question, observe from a distance firstly and view where they are active also stay clear of nesting site. Move to the position you want to be in to take the shot. I have the image in my head prior to attending the location. Think about the light firstly then foreground and background, lastly the perch/environment. No hide or camo required.

I did a great deal of Mooching back in the day with someone from this site who views surreptitiously. Eyes of a Pigeon and could hear paint dry.

Shot with Canon 1DX.. Canon 500 F/4 lens with extender. Mounted on Jobu Gimble head mkiv and a FEISOL carbon tournament Tripod..

Hope that helps.

GG :ninja:

 

 

4 hours ago, FreshFace said:

Fantastic photo, those chicks are not going hungry.

Not at all they were well fed indeed.

GG👍

6 hours ago, twenty said:

Brilliant, well done.

Many thanks 
GG 👍

7 hours ago, JDog said:

Great picture.

Cheers JDog.

GG 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Loki said:

Hiya GG

Why dont  myphotos look like that.............?

Seriously - wonderful photo! Thank you for posting up to share.

L

Your post made me smile as I posted something similar on a photo web site about 30yrs ago.

Practice Practice then if you fail learn from the fail and move on..Never give up.

Know your equipment and capabilities also your own skills. Know your quarry just like shooting.

As your skills get better you will then require better equipment you will know when the time is right as your pictures become memorable images.

Good luck

GG 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GREENGRASS said:

Good question, observe from a distance firstly and view where they are active also stay clear of nesting site. Move to the position you want to be in to take the shot. I have the image in my head prior to attending the location. Think about the light firstly then foreground and background, lastly the perch/environment. No hide or camo required.

I did a great deal of Mooching back in the day with someone from this site who views surreptitiously. Eyes of a Pigeon and could hear paint dry.

Shot with Canon 1DX.. Canon 500 F/4 lens with extender. Mounted on Jobu Gimble head mkiv and a FEISOL carbon tournament Tripod..

Hope that helps. 

GG👍

 

Cheers another Q how many hours would you put in for that shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, islandgun said:

Cheers another Q how many hours would you put in for that shot

Approximately two hours I would hazard a guess at. I did take numerous shots in bursts of 10 frames a second if my memory serves me well. From distances of 10 yards to 25 yards.

Taken images 100 to 150 in total.. About four that are worthy of printing the rest get deleted.

I had visited previously and not taken a shot. That's wildlife photography.

The longest I have taken to get an image is 6 months which was the three Rats on top of an old post.

Think they are still on Flickr: GREENGRASS F1

  GG :ninja: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GREENGRASS said:

Approximately two hours I would hazard a guess at. I did take numerous shots in bursts of 10 frames a second if my memory serves me well. From distances of 10 yards to 25 yards.

Taken images 100 to 150 in total.. About four that are worthy of printing the rest get deleted.

I had visited previously and not taken a shot. That's wildlife photography.

The longest I have taken to get an image is 6 months which was the three Rats on top of an old post.

Think they are still on Flickr: GREENGRASS F1

  GG :ninja: 

👍 cheers IG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...