BSA Ultra SEcharging with FX4 pump

grahamch

Some advice please. 

I have a brand new BSA Ultra SE .177 and a brand new FX4 pump and have been trying to charge the rifle today without much success.

Have tried with bolt cocked and uncocked.

A couple of questions: how long/how many pump strokes before I see a reading on the pump pressure gauge?

How long/how many pump strokes to get gun up to 200 bar?

Based on reading the instructions I thought it would be a straight forward and quickish process. 

TIA

If your gun gauge is reading 100 bar .and u want to pump it up .then connect the probe and tighten the bleed valve on the bottom of the pump .loosen off the top valve on the handle of the pump .

With long slow strokes using your full body weight .start to pump .

It should take about 8 /10 strokes to get the pump pressure gauge from 0 up to 100 where you may hear a small "dink " as the airgun tube opens  .your now filling the tube .

It should take about 50 strokes to get from 100 - 220 bar on your ultra .they get increasingly harder and as they do so you can tighten the top valve to make it easier (i may have that the wrong way round .cant quite remember which way it is) 

When you get to 220 bar (that should be ideal for the ultra se ) stop and open the bleed valve on the base of the pump .your pump gauge uwill return  to zero (with a hisss of air from the air line only ) your gun gauge should stay at 220 bar .you should get 45 good shots down to around 120 bar .when you will have to refill.

Hope this helps  

One other thing to look for .

If its really hard to pump .

Take your gun probe off the end of the hose line .there may be a small black grub screw inside that needs taking out 

(Its there to slow down the air if using a bottle  )