Applying for section 5 (humane dispatch£

yeet

On 11/06/2020 at 23:18, yeet said:

I would just like to know how to go about applying for a pistol for HD, do I just do a variation and for type put pistol and reason HD? Or do I do something different?

Have a look at the Humane Slaughters Associations website most of the information you require will be there, also a lot of licensing authorities will use the HSA for advice when dealing with requests for weapons for humane dispatch.

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

Are you 100% that they were not long barrelled pistols? 

No this was a very short barrelled pistol with no back spike. You see a lot of LBPs on the ranges all the time.

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

Are you 100% that they were not long barrelled pistols? 

No this was a very short barrelled pistol with no back spike. You see a lot of LBPs on the ranges all the time.

1 hour ago, Mr. Merkel said:

Have a look at the Humane Slaughters Associations website most of the information you require will be there, also a lot of licensing authorities will use the HSA for advice when dealing with requests for weapons for humane dispatch.

I think the BDS would be another possibility

10 hours ago, Vince Green said:

It seems to be very variable from area to area. I have seen people shooting with them at Bisley like the pistol ban never happened.

Guessing that they didn't worry to much about the conditions on their fac then!

10 hours ago, Vince Green said:

Yes seriously and the last one was a six shot Taurus 357, I asked the man how he got it and he said he just applied. His attitude was you have to be able to familiarise yourself with the pistol. 

I have seen others too but I don't shoot on the Winians range at Bisley any more so I don't know how prevalent it is now.  I did think at the time that this could be a way back into having pistols. They downgraded expanding ammo because it became too much trouble to administer.. If everybody applied …………...

Mmmmm, maybe I should reapply. 🙂

On 13/06/2020 at 16:04, yeet said:

A 410 would be too powerful for a newborn lamb or calf and would 100% over penetrate and also be very loud in an enclosed lambing shed , whereas a suppressed .22 pistol would be much quieter and over penetration would be less of an issue

That would pair nicely with your "Special Forces" 300 AAC Blackout................ Sounds like a great name for a film - rouge warfare in the lambing shed 

On 15/06/2020 at 17:57, bluesj said:

Guessing that they didn't worry to much about the conditions on their fac then!

Bisley , and a few other ranges allow use (and storage ) for sec 7/3 pistol.
They arent necessarily HD pistols that Vince has seen, especially if they have full mag or cylinder capacity.

http://www.hbsa-uk.org/HBSA-what-we-do/heritage-pistol-section-7-1-7-3/heritage-pistol-sites

I could be wrong about Vince’s experience, but if the gentleman in question pistol is conditioned for HD, then he cannot claim to be ‘getting familiar’ with it.

Had it been held on Sect 7 then the range in question has to be closed and Vince wouldn’t have been allowed on site.

I still hold a Glock19 and Taurus 627 tracker in Frogland, but as it has finally sold then this August will be my last ‘play’ before having to sell.... oh well, LBR here but just not the same. 

6 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

I still hold a Glock19 and Taurus 627 tracker in Frogland, but as it has finally sold then this August will be my last ‘play’ before having to sell.... oh well, LBR here but just not the same. 

Have you had a look at Westlakes .357 S+W muzzle loaders ?
Sec 1 , and as close as it gets to the 'real' thing .

It really gets my goat the hoops we have to jump through .. surely if we are sensible enough to have CF rifles, semi auto RF rifles, Semi auto 12 bore with potentially 14 capacity that fire slugs, couldn't we be allowed hand guns (again)?  It seems odd that law abiding citizens are not allowed them but they are de rigeur for any wanna be Gangster (innit).

Maybe a parliamentary petition to have ' because they look cool and are fun' added as good reason on the licensing list

17 minutes ago, PPP said:

It really gets my goat the hoops we have to jump through .. surely if we are sensible enough to have CF rifles, semi auto RF rifles, Semi auto 12 bore with potentially 14 capacity that fire slugs, couldn't we be allowed hand guns (again)?  It seems odd that law abiding citizens are not allowed them but they are de rigeur for any wanna be Gangster (innit).

Maybe a parliamentary petition to have ' because they look cool and are fun' added as good reason on the licensing list

I had to still jump through the hoops for my initial application for the pistols and semi automatic rifles in France.

The renewal went from three to five years and was pretty painless.

Just have to get your ‘carnet’ stamped by the club a min of three times a year and visit the docs once a year for a little ‘chat’, jobs a good un.

After each shooting/Terror attack, things did change slightly as in hi capacity mags etc  

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

I did when when he utilised the Taurus frames, he then went with Alfa frames and I wasn’t so taken.

Keep an eye out for his Britarms  , in house made pistol , its in prototype stage at the moment , but will go into production eventually.

cache_61071207.jpg?t=1510159608

18 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

An amendment to my earlier- it was the switch to Armscor frames that put me off ( supposedly like the made of cheese chiappa stuff) 

I know the ones you mean , look like theyve been painted with a rough old aerosol :lol: