Vice

boo

Got given a record wood working vice , must of been left a long time , got it  moving, worst of the rust & grime off , free'd up , running smooth now , soaking in legia gun oil now for a couple of hours , should make a nice little vice......

20200612_125414.jpg

The screw holding the inspection plate seized, let it soak , if it wont have it , may drill & retap hole , thought about making some new jaws , got some ply used for trailer floors , trippy on one side , be ideal for shank straightening...

19 hours ago, team tractor said:

Nice . I have 5 under my bench for sale if anyone wants one. These things are worth £80 each as they’re £150-200 each new  so your quids In getting it working 

Are they the ones you advertised on here a couple of years ago?

Thats a lovely vise and at the perfect price. I got my record number 25 engineering vise from work as "scrap". Thing was practically brand new and somehow a guy on our nightshift broke it. I knew it wasn't broke and exactly what was wrong with it so i saved it from the scrap bin and now have a near £500 engineering vise in perfect working order for the exact price of a near hernia carrying it to the car. A wood working vise is something I don't have so I'll maybe make up some wooden soft jaws for what I have.