Sheds

Scully

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’m aching all over after spending Saturday dismantling and transporting an 8x12 shed that is to become a woman shed  in my back garden.  After getting shed envy at mine, my wife decided she wanted her own little craft room in the garden.  Once the footings are in it will be insulated and boarded out etc.  Be great to get all of the blinking wool she keeps buying out of the house !

3 hours ago, Jonty said:

I’m aching all over after spending Saturday dismantling and transporting an 8x12 shed that is to become a woman shed  in my back garden.  After getting shed envy at mine, my wife decided she wanted her own little craft room in the garden.  Once the footings are in it will be insulated and boarded out etc.  Be great to get all of the blinking wool she keeps buying out of the house !

Don't hold your breath you have no chance:)  from one who knows😂

11 minutes ago, roadkill said:

I love spending hours in my shed tinkering on anything that is powered by fuel and normally has no more than two wheels. The smell of 2 stroke and engines is amazing when walking in first thing in the morning

FB_IMG_1592116627023.jpg

FB_IMG_1592116676078.jpg

FB_IMG_1592116660588.jpg

IMG_20200614_074103.jpg

P8F? 

10 hours ago, ditchman said:

buried my mum in a wickerwork coffin..........................ISLAND GUN        you need to branch out...............

I will look into it.. perhaps for pets..🙃 just googled it, its already been done but worth a shot..https://www.pets-remembered.co.uk/pet-memorial-coffins?limit=10000

Edited by islandgun

On 13/06/2020 at 15:15, Scully said:

In my home town I lived no more than a stones throw away from

Your missing a trick, sounds you like should be bottling the water and selling that, certainly a creative lot where you live.

On 13/06/2020 at 15:15, Scully said:

publishing of the Haynes Manual of Sheds

And now I want a copy 😁

On 14/06/2020 at 00:17, DoolinDalton said:

That looks fantastic!  Will there be guns and dogs in the back?  You could certainly make a business from constructing and selling those beauties.  

like to see updates on this please..:good:

6 hours ago, Bemused said:

Anyone got any advice on the cheapest way to build a 30 square mt shed? Needs to look decent as it will be on view at the bottom of the garden.  

Railway sleepers for a base, then build the walls and roof with Swelite I-beams which you can insultate with Warmcel or Isotherm. It’s the only way to go. 👍

3 hours ago, Mice! said:

Your missing a trick, sounds you like should be bottling the water and selling that, certainly a creative lot where you live.

And now I want a copy 😁

🙂 You May be right, but we are very rural where I live, which may be a factor. Possibly most places will be similar, we just don’t know about it? 

9 minutes ago, Scully said:

🙂 You May be right, but we are very rural where I live, which may be a factor. Possibly most places will be similar, we just don’t know about it? 

I'm thinking only fools and horses now though 😅😅

1 minute ago, Dunkield said:

I built my motorbike (separate thread on here somewhere)mostly in our conservatory but also in our tiny shed, I thought it was pretty small until I saw this

👍 I recall some time ago on tv, someone built a car in his spare room, knowing full well that he would have to knock down the wall to get it out when finished! 

13 minutes ago, Scully said:

👍 I recall some time ago on tv, someone built a car in his spare room, knowing full well that he would have to knock down the wall to get it out when finished! 

A 35 oddish years ago a  bloke who was very local to were I lived rebuilt a ferrari, an Ac cobra and a Cateram in a room in his fairly big house. He had to dismantle part of the front of the house to get them out and can recall it was a big do at the time and like an unveiling to the locals.

9 minutes ago, 7daysinaweek said:

A 35 oddish years ago a  bloke who was very local to were I lived rebuilt a ferrari, an Ac cobra and a Cateram in a room in his fairly big house. He had to dismantle part of the front of the house to get them out and can recall it was a big do at the time and like an unveiling to the locals.

🙂👍