12 gauge hushpower

Will H

Hi guys,

Was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm in the process of designing a 12 gauge detachable shotgun moderator (similar to the one huspower makes) and need to know the diameter of the hole where the shot comes out! I'm guessing its around 25mm but if someone who has a 12 guage hushpower could have a quick measure for me that would be so helpful!

Thanks!!!

Hello, sounds interesting, how different will it be to the original hush power mod, will it be collet or screw choke ? I was looking at the 10 inch 12 bore collet type but unless you have a short barrel it's quite an extra weight, even the type fitted to the Mossberg pumps look front heavy, good luck with your project and keep us posted

I would make one a relfex type with rear vents pointing side ways left and right . Make it low on the top and bigger below so as to not ruin the sight line .and made out of titanium and easily strippable for cleaning  

Very very interested in what you come up with  .

Remember volume trumps every thing else 

2 hours ago, gotgcoalman said:

Aldi digital vernier.

IMG_20200613_191148.jpg

Thank you so much! Thats just what I needed - interestingly it is smaller than I thought as the 20 gauge hushpower I have as a size of just over 18mm too!

Edited by Will H

I am in the designing/prototype/experimenting stage at the moment and working out how to get maximum volume in the smallest package without too much impact on sight line! It will be in aluminium to start with to test the concept but I am looking for the finished product to ideally be in titanium. As for attaching I am working on a choke style system but as opposed to just a choke attached to the moderator it will be a short barrel extension in effect so that the choke can be swapped (although still quite tight chokes will be required). Unfortunately the project isn't getting as much time as it needs right now but I will update when I have some more progress ;)