One for the Mods.

Walker570

I am a Moderator on an American Shooters Forum of that name and on there we have a LIKE button.  This allows members to just click and their appreciation of the members comment comes up below the item.  I notice on this forum if you want to show just your appreciation it is sometimes necessary to 'quote' and then leave a mesage which must take up 'space' on the system.  Is this an idea for the future.  If you want to see how it works just pull up Shooters Forum and browse through the various threads.  It is a great and simple way to give the thumbs up.

Edited by Walker570

Well im sorry to say this...cause i can never fault anything you say...............i have had experience of this pathetic like button on another forum....and it is the biggest load of lazy tosh ever to be invented...........it stops all erudite comments and comunication.....infact the forum may as well not excist...

as said above it is total and utter laziness and really is a accurate portrayl of modern society....

so as to a "like" button".....i say 

NO..............................................................NO................................NO

3 minutes ago, ditchman said:

Well im sorry to say this...cause i can never fault anything you say...............i have had experience of this pathetic like button on another forum....and it is the biggest load of lazy tosh ever to be invented...........it stops all erudite comments and comunication.....infact the forum may as well not excist...

as said above it is total and utter laziness and really is a accurate portrayl of modern society....

NO..............................................................NO................................NO

9 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Pure abject laziness!

Maybe a dislike button then ?😆

4 minutes ago, ditchman said:

18 minutes ago, Teal said:

We have long had the option of it, but never opted as although there are times when it could be good. 

It also promotes cliques, and people posting for likes, neither of which are great.

well spotted......................you can end up like talking to yourself when you post.............i think it is acceptable on an i-hone or snap chat ...twitter etc..........but not on a forum that is designed for healthy discoarse

i think you oyght to give Nev at least one point for being silly..:lol:

15 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

And quite frankly adopting something because they do it America is a pretty poor reason!

yeah.............and we ended up in bloody Iraq as a result

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

Please say what you mean. 😂

4 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

And quite frankly adopting something because they do it America is a pretty poor reason!

Never been in a McDonalds then Dave?

I take in what evrryone has said and all comments are legitimate. There's the good bad and ugly in everything and would have just been more than happy to click a LIKE button when Ditchie reports success in his mole hunting efforts.    You know this mole hunting saga is getting like Fat Sarah stories:lol:

5 hours ago, Teal said:

We have long had the option of it, but never opted as although there are times when it could be good. 

It also promotes cliques, and people posting for likes, neither of which are great.

23 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

You can post an emoji like 👍

👍

Agree with that also

49 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Never been in a McDonalds then Dave?

I take in what evrryone has said and all comments are legitimate. There's the good bad and ugly in everything and would have just been more than happy to click a LIKE button when Ditchie reports success in his mole hunting efforts.    You know this mole hunting saga is getting like Fat Sarah stories

and i got banned for posting the truth ...the whole truth and nuffin but der truff........