Clumber spaniel

bumpy22

What’s lines are they mate? 

Nice dogs clumbers, big solid things. In the right hands they could do well. 

I wasn’t aware there were any FTCH clumbers about though. Hard to get a judge that will admire them over a springer in an AV trial sadly.  I think there were one or two clumber only trials last year for the first time in a long time so perhaps they’re on the up :) 

I thought you were Roy Ellershaw for a minute then Bumpy 🤣🤣 but apparently not. 

I have however asked my mate who’s big into clumbers and he says he knows you. 

He said the litter is very well bred and should be crackers. Anyone looking for a clumber would do well to give you a call in that case 👍🏻

Best of luck would be nice to hear how they come along. 

5 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I thought you were Roy Ellershaw for a minute then Bumpy 🤣🤣 but apparently not. 

I have however asked my mate who’s big into clumbers and he says he knows you. 

He said the litter is very well bred and should be crackers. Anyone looking for a clumber would do well to give you a call in that case 👍🏻

Best of luck would be nice to hear how they come along. 

Not mine mate. But a close friend of mine. I know 3 are going to usa apparently. I just thought I would put the last one on here as a good site for dogs. I have terriers know nothing about these if I am honest. But any more info I can find out or give owner a bell. I know viewing would be welcome providing social distancing. 

Let me know if you want anymore info

Myself I found him easy to train. He's quite a soft dog so went gently but he'd pick up most things second or third time of asking.

He could be quite headstrong at times as he grew so we'd pack up for the day. Could get bored easily so I mixed it up each day. He'd need scent or would look at me with a 'your joking' look when we moved on to cold game.

I went along the Divid Lisset line with bits from quite a few other trainers.

They work like a Springer but a little slower and with a purpose, I'd say. The same but different,  not as frantic if you get me?  Fantastic noses. 

1 hour ago, clumber said:

Myself I found him easy to train. He's quite a soft dog so went gently but he'd pick up most things second or third time of asking.

He could be quite headstrong at times as he grew so we'd pack up for the day. Could get bored easily so I mixed it up each day. He'd need scent or would look at me with a 'your joking' look when we moved on to cold game.

I went along the Divid Lisset line with bits from quite a few other trainers.

They work like a Springer but a little slower and with a purpose, I'd say. The same but different,  not as frantic if you get me?  Fantastic noses. 

Yes my mates got one it does his head in at times. Dries up and just looks at him when no scent and then on scent can go deaf and pull on ahead ignoring. 

His one is a nice size like a very stocky small springer size. 
I saw another one a male recently when training and it was a massive lump of a thing, you can just see that it would be powerful though. Bet it was a beast through cover. 

I've had a couple over the years and love them - They are intelligent, methodical and have a wonderful nose. You have to negotiate rather than tell them what to do and a soft voice goes a long way. They'll face any cover and really go the extra mile to find a bird.

Bad points - Get the knees and eyes checked out and they shed like lunatics!!

When he was in his prime fighting weight would be 27 - 28Kgs. He was about eight when that picture was taken and about 30Kgs.

Unfortunately he has Progressive Retinal Atrophy, PRA. Stills okay during daylight but dusk is a problem. Still gets excited when the gun comes out

Will look for another next year.