Weatherby sa-08

daisyrob1

Hi been looking for a semi auto and this took my fancy, had my eye on a used Franchi i fast for £450, the weatherby is £536 new got good reviews on the Web but the gun doesn't come with a warranty as such but any problems will be dealt with age and condition taken in account, anybody had any experience with this gun/company. Thanks in advance Tim 

Surely being brand new it can't not have atleast a years warranty on it? 

I know most warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on but after being stung before I wouldn't touch a budget gun without some sort of guarantee on it.

Edited by Farmboy91

53 minutes ago, daisyrob1 said:

Hi been looking for a semi auto and this took my fancy, had my eye on a used Franchi i fast for £450, the weatherby is £536 new got good reviews on the Web but the gun doesn't come with a warranty as such but any problems will be dealt with age and condition taken in account, anybody had any experience with this gun/company. Thanks in advance Tim 

Weatherby as a company do not actually exist, its a brand name used by some Turkish gun manufacturers to not make them sound too , err ..Turkish.
ATA used the name on some early SP O/U s.
It could even be an ATA Venza  in a different dress ?

It must have a warranty, and ATA have 3 years, if you like the gun , I would buy with confidence, nothing wrong with Turkish guns.

Edited by Rewulf

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Weatherby as a company do not actually exist, its a brand name used by some Turkish gun manufacturers to not make them sound too , err ..Turkish.
ATA used the name on some early SP O/U s.
It could even be an ATA Venza  in a different dress ?

It must have a warranty, and ATA have 3 years, if you like the gun , I would buy with confidence, nothing wrong with Turkish guns.

Ye I realise their made in Turkey but I thought the were made under licence for weatherby Inc from the USA. 

17 hours ago, Lord v said:

I had their PA-08 and it was spot on. I only got rid because it never seemed to fit me quite right. 

But was well put together and well finished for the price. 

Ye reviews all good but so are most Turkish semi autos, so considering the lack of warranty going for a ata venza or armsan 612.