Lamb Meat Boxes delivered throughout GB

Teal

Sold quite a lot of these on PW now, (many thanks everyone!). Today I've sent in another batch of lambs, they will be hung a week at the butchers and I will pick them up and ship Wednesday (24th June) for delivery Thursday (25th June).

These are rare-breed Barbados Blackbelly crossed with Wiltshire Horn sheep. As slower growing breeds, they are lot leaner than most commercial sheep. A half lamb box weighs around 6kg so it works out around £12/kg, with a half lamb box at £75 and a whole lamb box at £145 including parcelforce delivery to your home. They will be packed with icepacks and wool insulation, to keep them chilled and are cut to the spec below. These lambs are a little smaller than the ones I would usually send, so you may get an extra cut to make up the weight to give an average lamb box weight of 6kg and 12kg for whole.

If you live locally (Trowbridge, Wilts) I can offer non-contact delivery, and save on parcelforce fee etc.

Whole shoulders on bone
Whole legs on bone
Loin Chops (done as Barnsley chops)
Rack french trim
Breast - mince

IMG_20200501_182403.jpg

IMG_20200510_110416.jpg

IMG-20200503-WA0022.jpg

13333.jpg

19 hours ago, Cockermax said:

Hi took a full lamb off you in March. It was by far the best lamb we have tasted.

Will take another full lamb off you. 

Sort out the details tomorrow if ok

Amazing!! Thank you so much - yes that's perfect, I should have your details saved. That is really nice of you to give such lovely feedback. It is certainly great lamb!! But we are a bit biased of course...

@Lloyd90 the abattoir we use is Broomhalls in South Gloucestershire, it fits in with our ethos, and having watched the process there I can honestly say that their standards and husbandry are superb. When I started I took my first lambs to a different abattoir, and I'm afraid the same could not be said. I swore I'd never go back there, and actually have to drive the lambs a bit further to get to the small village abattoir I now use, but there is no way I could send my animals to somewhere they were mistreated. It's one of the main reasons we do lamb boxes to be honest, as we know exactly what happens to our lambs when the leave the farm. Couldn't bear them going through the stress of a market and a less reputable abattoir.

I usually go to Bristol actually with a drop-off if you message me your address maybe can do the drop direct, or can meet. Yes there are bones but it is tricky because everything I handle is chilled and vacuum packed. For a half lamb you would get either the liver or the heart.

4 hours ago, Dedabler said:

Hello William,

Can I order another 1/2 lamb please.

Last couple of orders we have had off you have been superb.

Cheers,

Des.

You certainly can Des - that would be brilliant - I've added you to the list. Thanks for the kind feedback, really appreciate it! Best wishes, W

3 hours ago, ttab said:

ill have half a lamb if still going

Dave

Perfect! You've got one, I still have a few left it anyone else is thinking about ordering!

I've asked the butcher to make some of the mince into sausages or burgers, tbc! Will be included in the box 🙂

@theshootist Thanks so much for the kind words !  Thrilled to hear it is going down well :) Our favourite cut is always the shoulder, which is sounds like you still have ahead of you :) I'm sure everyone who ordered has realised, but I just noticed my original post said whole shoulders. At the last minute we actually decided to cut the shoulders and legs in half this time, with the lockdown had a lot of requests from people so they had the option of a smaller roast, but could cook both halves together if a whole was desired. Hope that was ok!

For anyone else interested, looking like it will be 5th or 6th August for next lamb box deliveries (will be taking lambs in on 27th July). Will put a new topic up nearer the time for that. 

16 minutes ago, Teal said:

@theshootist Thanks so much for the kind words !  Thrilled to hear it is going down well  Our favourite cut is always the shoulder, which is sounds like you still have ahead of you  I'm sure everyone who ordered has realised, but I just noticed my original post said whole shoulders. At the last minute we actually decided to cut the shoulders and legs in half this time, with the lockdown had a lot of requests from people so they had the option of a smaller roast, but could cook both halves together if a whole was desired. Hope that was ok!

For anyone else interested, looking like it will be 5th or 6th August for next lamb box deliveries (will be taking lambs in on 27th July). Will put a new topic up nearer the time for that. 

👍👍