Bench what I made.

walshie

20 minutes ago, oowee said:

Thats a great looking bench and love the pond too :good:

I defo need a pond.........

Do a nice big one and throw some barley down and we can shoot the ducks coming in, followed by a drink in the lodge ... sorry I mean your house 🤪🤣🤣

1 hour ago, oowee said:

Thats a great looking bench and love the pond too :good:

I defo need a pond.........

It is indeed a grand looking bench in a lovely setting.  I too have pond envy just now...

However, if I had a pond my wee garden office in which I sit typing would have to be on a raft, although now i choose to think about that i have both pond envy and a desire for an office on a  raft.

43 minutes ago, grrclark said:

It is indeed a grand looking bench in a lovely setting.  I too have pond envy just now...

However, if I had a pond my wee garden office in which I sit typing would have to be on a raft, although now i choose to think about that i have both pond envy and a desire for an office on a  raft.

Now you've given me office on a raft envy. 

On 16/06/2020 at 12:54, walshie said:

Rainbows, a few small tench, rudd and some whopping Koi carp. i've got a permit for more carp, tench and silverfish. Had a scare a while back that there was a catfish in there but had no sightings or evidence since. 

Up until  the restrictions myself and Mrs 7days swam regularly in large quarry, it is about 60 foot deep and has a huge 6 foot sturgeon that lives in deep murky depths. He is called Brian by all accounts, I have never seen him, too busy thrashing around trying not to drown.

Do you cast a fly upon the pond Walshie? 

atb 7diaw

P.S. Hope the knee is better.

1 hour ago, JDog said:

I am no expert in matters piscatorial but I understand that having carp and tench in the same pond is not a good mix.

Most ponds and lakes that have one usually have the other as well.

1 hour ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Up until  the restrictions myself and Mrs 7days swam regularly in large quarry, it is about 60 foot deep and has a huge 6 foot sturgeon that lives in deep murky depths. He is called Brian by all accounts, I have never seen him, too busy thrashing around trying not to drown.

Do you cast a fly upon the pond Walshie? 

atb 7diaw

P.S. Hope the knee is better.

Swimming in a big deep lake where a fish might touch my leg is the stuff of nightmares for me, 

Not really enough room to cast a fly with bushes and trees behind, but I have given it a go, managing to get the fly at least 3ft from the bank on my best attempt before giving up. :lol:

If I want a rainbow for dinner, I normally chuck in a spinner, but I've caught trout in there on bread worms, and even sweetcorn. This pic from a couple of  years ago.

post-50882-0-79793600-1469349174.jpg.9163306c745e66d26edd83a88de39635.jpg

Knee seems a lot better thanks for asking. Don't know whether to still go to the Doc's to say my knee used to hurt but doesn't now. 

Edited by walshie

6 hours ago, walshie said:

Most ponds and lakes that have one usually have the other as well.

Swimming in a big deep lake where a fish might touch my leg is the stuff of nightmares for me, 

Not really enough room to cast a fly with bushes and trees behind, but I have given it a go, managing to get the fly at least 3ft from the bank on my best attempt before giving up. :lol:

If I want a rainbow for dinner, I normally chuck in a spinner, but I've caught trout in there on bread worms, and even sweetcorn. This pic from a couple of  years ago.

post-50882-0-79793600-1469349174.jpg.9163306c745e66d26edd83a88de39635.jpg

Knee seems a lot better thanks for asking. Don't know whether to still go to the Doc's to say my knee used to hurt but doesn't now. 

Yes it can take a bit of practice when trying to get a fly going, that Rainbow is in lovely condition.

May still be worth following up with your gp, ask for a telephone triage and they may suggest a 'Watchful wait' and at the very least you can discuss your symptoms. 

atb

7diaw