Advice needed on air rifle

snow white

Hi lads I am looking for a good cheep pcp air rifle for rabbiting 

I have a hatson in 22 but its very heavy got permission on caravan site but my 22 lr and 17 hornet are to dangerous 
Any advice would be helpful.      
               Thanks for looking 

As someone who is in nearly the same position as you. There is no such thing as a good cheap airgun these days.

Iv been looking for something around the £200 mark (plenty of money for a 30 yard gun imo) to replace my 20 year old Webley Exocet.

Brought it home to me the other day while searching I found an identical Webley to mine, same age, and it was for sale online for £180. 20 years ago, brand new, I paid £80 for mine, with a new scope and mounts!!!!

The price of airguns has got ridiculous.

My wages certainly haven’t doubled in that time. In fact, I think a lot of people starting ‘graduate’ jobs now are in fact on less than they were on 20 years ago!

Edited by zipdog

How cheap is cheap? Everything Gingercat says is spot on, reliable air rifles.

8 hours ago, zipdog said:

been looking for something around the £200 mark (plenty of money for a 30 yard gun imo) to replace my 20 year old Webley Exocet.

Things go up, can't imagine something coming up that cheap that isn't an older gun, there is a falcon in the sales at that price, you might want to look at a second hand Gammo,  but another £100-150 and your getting one of the above tried and tested models.

The SMK PR900W is cheap, very light and mine seems to shoot really well. Not many shot per fill, and it's  bit louder than a friend's S200, but at £190 new with 1 mag and filling probe I think it's a decent option. There seem to be plenty of used rifles for £250 upwards on MeWe though that could be better

Sorry might have misled you I have a Heanel 303 in 177 have trouble breaking it open and a Hatsan 44-10 In 22 the trouble I have the Hatsan is heavy was wondering what is the lightest pcp you can get I have a refill bottle.

I have dislocated both my shoulders over last couple of years and when been out shooting the pain is unreal 

I am fine with shooting shotguns I think it is taking it off should after walking round.

sorry if come fussing you 

I will second the smk pr900w mine has proved excellent in the past 12 months. Picked it up for £160 new with a bag from a dealer in essex (he still has them in his catalogue). I fill from a pump but the res being small its no effort. Matched it with a hawk scope for £40 off ebay and a surprisingly good NV kit from ali express for another £40 and its perfect for ratting and rabbits round the farm. Its quiet enough and small and light enough for my 10 year old daughter to use. It is accurate and there is loads of info on simple fine tuning but I have not bothered as it already shoots better than I can.