Rashford demanding Free Meals for poor children during the summer holidays

fern01

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet again the standard PW output with folk being ludicrously simplistic about complex issues with the usual nonsense trotted out about feckless parents with the ubiquitous big tv, tattoos and smoking tabs cliches pumped out.

Yes there are some extremes of people playing the system, the tabloids and trashy fly on the wall TV documentaries love to peddle that as it gets folk so worked up into a lather and the hard of thinking content to blindly peddle the same trot as though it is a universal truth.

For those on here who have the luxury of no threat to their livelihood as a consequence of this virus and the state's measures to contain it think yourself hugely fortunate.  There will be millions of people who have had the rug pulled from under them and will find themselves in real hardship and difficulty where even fundamental things like trying to find money to feed the kids will be a really difficult ask  We have not even begun to scratch the surface of what the economic reality of this pandemic is.

Fair play to Markus Rashford, he could quite happily sit on his multi-millions and be condescending and dismissive like so many on here, but thankfully he is using his public status to try and raise awareness of what is already a difficult situation that is only going to get worse.  Thankfully the fella has compassion and is prepared to put his head above the parapet to call out what he sees as a critical issue knowing full well that the usual wailing wall of the perpetually offended will be spilling their invective toward him.

The system is screwed , and it will stayed screwed as long as the country is full of left wing wetters and the scroungers that they support.

Many kids go hungry during school holidays , it's a disgraceful state of affairs , no child should ever go hungry , but , in most instances ( that I've seen with my own eyes), the blame lays at the feet of bad parents , looking after your child is your number 1 priority in life , and not looking after your child should bring crippling penalties. 

The welfare system in this country is truly amazing , but it's raped every minute of every day by professional scroungers , to the point that those in genuine need , often get pushed aside.

We all know the scroungers and bone idle layabouts that are just fleecing the state , by the state i mean us working folks,  but as long as the left wing wetters have a voice,  nothing will ever change. 

Just now, grrclark said:

Yet again the standard PW output with folk being ludicrously simplistic about complex issues with the usual nonsense trotted out about feckless parents with the ubiquitous big tv, tattoos and smoking tabs cliches pumped out.

Yes there are some extremes of people playing the system, the tabloids and trashy fly on the wall TV documentaries love to peddle that as it gets folk so worked up into a lather and the hard of thinking content to blindly peddle the same trot as though it is a universal truth.

For those on here who have the luxury of no threat to their livelihood as a consequence of this virus and the state's measures to contain it think yourself hugely fortunate.  There will be millions of people who have had the rug pulled from under them and will find themselves in real hardship and difficulty where even fundamental things like trying to find money to feed the kids will be a really difficult ask  We have not even begun to scratch the surface of what the economic reality of this pandemic is.

Fair play to Markus Rashford, he could quite happily sit on his multi-millions and be condescending and dismissive like so many on here, but thankfully he is using his public status to try and raise awareness of what is already a difficult situation that is only going to get worse.  Thankfully the fella has compassion and is prepared to put his head above the parapet to call out what he sees as a critical issue knowing full well that the usual wailing wall of the perpetually offended will be spilling their invective toward him.

And this.

Just now, mel b3 said:

The system is screwed , and it will stayed screwed as long as the country is full of left wing wetters and the scroungers that they support.

Many kids go hungry during school holidays , it's a disgraceful state of affairs , no child should ever go hungry , but , in most instances ( that I've seen with my own eyes), the blame lays at the feet of bad parents , looking after your child is your number 1 priority in life , and not looking after your child should bring crippling penalties. 

The welfare system in this country is truly amazing , but it's raped every minute of every day by professional scroungers , to the point that those in genuine need , often get pushed aside.

We all know the scroungers and bone idle layabouts that are just fleecing the state , by the state i mean us working folks,  but as long as the left wing wetters have a voice,  nothing will ever change. 

But it's only part of the story, there are plenty citing the scroungers and layabouts as an excuse for avoiding paying tax themselves, with a significant percentage of the people in between (PAYE) picking up the tab. Neither wrong is right.

1 minute ago, mel b3 said:

The system is screwed , .

the blame lays at the feet of bad parents , looking after your child is your number 1 priority in life , and not looking after your child should bring crippling penalties. 

we need regardless of cost to make dead beat parents pay to feed and clothe their kids to set the example that if you refuse to pay we will make you pay the government could easily make them pay up but they are letting the tax payer pick up the bill because it’s easier for them 

19 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Absolutely. My partner and I do emergency shelter for young people. Usually we're a stop gap between parents and foster care, to get them out of a dangerous situation and into something that hopefully will be better. Over the weekend we've had a teenager here. Parents split up when the YP was 12, and on Friday, the mother drove them from Reading to Bournemouth, tipped the kid out onto the street and drove off. 

When parents behave like that to their own children, who picks up the pieces, because it's not going to be the teenager who wants to be a lawyer but right now just needs a bed and some food?

Rashford's always come across as a kid who's been brought up properly, despite the poverty and there are plenty of parents/single parents like that out there doing whatever they can to provide for their kids as best they can, but sometimes that's not enough. Plenty more that aren't, of course, but it's great to see a kid (and he really is still a kid!) use influence and status to do something about it - to the shame of the parents who shirk their responsibility and the relief of those who don't.

Brilliant! Good for you. Seriously well done. 👍

Edited by Scully

7 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Mel, normally i would go along with a lot of that, but over the last few months I have seen many people that you would normally describe as industrious, hard working folks pump the system for all they could get too.  The upshot is that most folk if offered something for nothing will take it.

I am increasingly of a mind that the welfare system as we know it, is fundamentally not fit for purpose for where we are going.  I don't know what the answer is, in fact i'm not even sure that I really understand what the question is going to be as i think that corona virus has completely changed the rules of the game.

There is a potential that millions of people could be left in real purgatory while the focus is lost to the noise of the debate between the ideologists on the left and right.  We need a different dimension for discussion and to move away from the hackneyed arguments of the past.

14 minutes ago, Scully said:

Brilliant! Good for you. Seriously well done. 👍

I echo this @chrisjpainter, i missed your post earlier as it crossed with mine.

back in the civil world i married a dead beat parent despite me working full time her short fall was paid by every tax payer in the country because the child support agency have to take the lies dead beat parents tell to avoid paying at face value is me being angry tax payers are being ripped of make me stupid? judge for your self it’s YOUR money! 

I don't think anyone would take umbrage with those who suddenly find themselves needing help, getting it. I certainly wouldn't and I'm fairly cynical!

Most would probably assume, wrongly or rightly, that the system will just be abused by those less deserving to the detriment of tax payers and the needy alike

Hello, I had to laugh when a MP said he should be a Prime Minister, look at all the fuss these footballers made on the thought of having less money so the clubs could continue to pay staff, these people who raise money the proportion of there own against the millions who donate and then get a pat on the back, then you have the more genuine like Tom, but I will say at this moment in time with many unemployed or laid off in the lower financial situation having to claim benefits no child should go Hungary 

3 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I had to laugh when a MP said he should be a Prime Minister, look at all the fuss these footballers made on the thought of having less money so the clubs could continue to pay staff, these people who raise money the proportion of there own against the millions who donate and then get a pat on the back, then you have the more genuine like Tom, but I will say at this moment in time with many unemployed or laid off in the lower financial situation having to claim benefits no child should go Hungary 

Don't bring foreign holidays in to it!

35 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

And this.

But it's only part of the story, there are plenty citing the scroungers and layabouts as an excuse for avoiding paying tax themselves, with a significant percentage of the people in between (PAYE) picking up the tab. Neither wrong is right.

ive stated plenty of times that id be more than happy to pay more tax , and i honestly mean that , BUT , id deeply resent that tax increase being spent on extra benefits for professional scroungers , or pay increases for already over payed politicians . i would happily personally sponsor a motability car for a genuinely  disabled person ,  or i would happily pay the rent for a family that found themselves in a financial mess due to covid 19. the problem is the system .

14 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Mel, normally i would go along with a lot of that, but over the last few months I have seen many people that you would normally describe as industrious, hard working folks pump the system for all they could get too.  The upshot is that most folk if offered something for nothing will take it.

this is part of the reason why i feel a bit disgruntled with things at the moment , im disapointed at peoples lack of integrity , the business owners that have been raping the system (when many still had fully operational businesses) , and people that stayed on furlough when they could have returned to work , are no better than the scroungers that claim sickness benefits , and work cash in hand.

14 minutes ago, grrclark said:

I am increasingly of a mind that the welfare system as we know it, is fundamentally not fit for purpose for where we are going.  I don't know what the answer is, in fact i'm not even sure that I really understand what the question is going to be as i think that corona virus has completely changed the rules of the game.

There is a potential that millions of people could be left in real purgatory while the focus is lost to the noise of the debate between the ideologists on the left and right.  We need a different dimension for discussion and to move away from the hackneyed arguments of the past.

the current welfare system is well and truly shot to pieces . the answers are there , but well never have a government with the balls to get stuck in and sort it out , id hoped that brexit might have a positive influence (when the eu cant poke their noses into our affairs) . the most heartbreaking thing , is that the professional scroungers know how to play the system , i know it , you know it , just about everyone with half a brain knows it , but nobody can do a single thing to change it , but those in most genuine need , will lose out , because they dont know how to play the system . 

in the coming months and years , millions of us could be facing financial devastation , the professional scroungers arent worried , they already have their seat at the table , but millions of us working folks , and genuine benefits claimants ,  are holding our breath .

Just now, mel b3 said:

ive stated plenty of times that id be more than happy to pay more tax , and i honestly mean that , BUT , id deeply resent that tax increase being spent on extra benefits for professional scroungers , or pay increases for already over payed politicians . i would happily personally sponsor a motability car for a genuinely  disabled person ,  or i would happily pay the rent for a family that found themselves in a financial mess due to covid 19. the problem is the system .

this is part of the reason why i feel a bit disgruntled with things at the moment , im disapointed at peoples lack of integrity , the business owners that have been raping the system (when many still had fully operational businesses) , and people that stayed on furlough when they could have returned to work , are no better than the scroungers that claim sickness benefits , and work cash in hand.

the current welfare system is well and truly shot to pieces . the answers are there , but well never have a government with the balls to get stuck in and sort it out , id hoped that brexit might have a positive influence (when the eu cant poke their noses into our affairs) . the most heartbreaking thing , is that the professional scroungers know how to play the system , i know it , you know it , just about everyone with half a brain knows it , but nobody can do a single thing to change it , but those in most genuine need , will lose out , because they dont know how to play the system . 

in the coming months and years , millions of us could be facing financial devastation , the professional scroungers arent worried , they already have their seat at the table , but millions of us working folks , and genuine benefits claimants ,  are holding our breath .

I agree with all of that Mel 👍

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Don't bring foreign holidays in to it!

Budapest is apparently very nice at this time of year 😛 

6 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Well said Mel.

2 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Budapest is apparently very nice at this time of year 😛 

Pest is nicer!

5 hours ago, fern01 said:

I find this strange from a multi-millionaire footballer

Are the parents not covered by the statuary benefits system or unable to pay for them ?

Do the parents of these children not have mobile phones, Sky subscriptions, smoke, drink etc and don't prioritise their spending

Perhaps someone can explain if I am missing the point here

Exactly. The support from Government to folks these days, spent sensibly is more than adequate to feed youngsters and if they can't support them they shouldn't have 'em.

BUT of course, tattoos, beer and drugs are far more important.  See them every day walking down the high street.

35 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

I agree with all of that Mel 👍

Likewise.

I was pleased to see the statement by Ikea that they are going to refund all government subsidy provided to them, globally, through the pandemic at the return of normal trading.

Good corporate stewardship and social conscience.  I know other corporates have said the same.  Hats off to them too.

24 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Likewise.

I was pleased to see the statement by Ikea that they are going to refund all government subsidy provided to them, globally, through the pandemic at the return of normal trading.

Good corporate stewardship and social conscience.  I know other corporates have said the same.  Hats off to them too.

thats heartwarming to hear , and its this kind of decent human behavior that might just drag us through :good:.

7 hours ago, fern01 said:

Are the parents not covered by the statuary benefits system or unable to pay for them ?

Do the parents of these children not have mobile phones, Sky subscriptions, smoke, drink etc and don't prioritise their spending

Perhaps someone can explain if I am missing the point here

Read the OP and nothing else, sorry for the rant if it is has been covered.

You are missing the point here.

How do you know what those parents can and cannot afford? Have they just been told that they are no longer furloughed and are now unemployed and have to join the queue for benefits?

Loads other questions anyone could ask, perhaps we could start at what are you doing to alleviate human suffering today?

7 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Or stop them breeding?

How dare you!

The next thig is you will be telling me I need a licence or something, like a dog in years gone by,  just to whoop it up with ma ho.

BLM don't ya know,

RS

42 minutes ago, henry d said:

Loads other questions anyone could ask, perhaps we could start at what are you doing to alleviate human suffering today?

and that is my job why?

RS