Browning Invector DS Choke Replacement

Downesy

I have been looking into replacing the original chokes that came with my browning 725. 

After reading on the internet, the general consensus is that the DS chokes shoot more open than other guns therefore i currently shoot 1/2 and 3/4 for sporting. 

Does anyone have any experience with the after market chokes that are avaliable?

It seems the Teague and Briley are the most popular but do they actually produce better, more consistent patterns and are they worth the money.

I was looking to go to 1/4 and 1/2 or 3/8 3/8 if the after market chokes are slightly more constricted.

Im not one for changing chokes between each trap . I would rather put 2 in and shoot everything with them and blame the misses on myself not the chokes ! 

Thanks. 

23 minutes ago, B725 said:

Have you tried pattern testing the original DS chokes, I only use 1/4 & 1/2 for everything never had a problem, shooting clay's off a 100 foot tower was no problem 

Same here,   I do have 2 x 1/4 Teague chokes for my 725 but I find I get better results with the DS chokes and importantly I think the Teague chokes are a tad heavier and for me the gun doesn't swing as well -  well that's how I perceive it.

I'm sticking with the DS chokes and just shoot and enjoy it and I just shoot 2 x 1/4 DS chokes as well, range has never been a problem ..... or the tower!

Edited by B391

I don't understand why folk get hung up on chokes,for most mortals including myself I doubt they could tell any difference between choke brand's. I dont image Browning have just stuck any old chokes in the gun they will have done a fair bit of testing as B391 has said just go out and shoot and enjoy it.

I haven't pattern tested the original ds chokes . But it seems to me that the majority of people on the forums rate the after market chokes alot more than the originals. 

Like yourself i can imagine browning would have done alot of testing and wouldn't produce substandard equipment.  That's why im interested in different people's opinions and views on the after market ones.