Finally

hodge911

Well eventually after 6 & a bit month I have my driving licence back:yahoo:.

Back on the 8th of November 2019 (the day before my birthday) I suffered a seizure and had my driving licence suspended .

I had a barrage of tests all of which came back clear .

So today I phoned DVLA again and was told my licence had been reinstated as of the 14th of this month and I was clear to resume driving ....... 

It took a few seconds to sink in as I was used to them telling me they were looking into it but this time the guy on the other end said " I have some good news for you "

Like passing my test again 

I'm pleased for you its difficult when you have been used to driving then suddenly can't. I had mine suspended for five week's, I had the letter three day's after the suspension date. My problem was I mistakenly ticked one box wrongly when notifing DVLA about diabetes, I phoned them the next day so they wouldn't have even received the letter,it made no difference as you could not speak to the same person twice. In the end I had to contact Dennis Skinner MP as I tried everyday for those five week's,two days later I had my license back.

Nice one. 

Similarly, i suffered a stroke last October and also lost my licence. I followed the DVLA's advice and didn't attempt to drive for one month (this is their rule) and actually left it for almost six weeks at short trips with a friend. Still recovering to be honest and i'm on a heck load of medication to prevent another, but onwards and upwards.

11 hours ago, grrclark said:

Great news and more importantly I very much hope there is no reoccurrence of the symptoms that led to the seizure in the first place.

The consultant thinks it was a "stress related episode" due to within a couple of weeks my dog died in my arms suddenly (ruptured spleen) then had to break into my sister's house & find her passed away. All while waiting for the results from my wife's Parkinson's disease tests...

2 hours ago, hodge911 said:

The consultant thinks it was a "stress related episode" due to within a couple of weeks my dog died in my arms suddenly (ruptured spleen) then had to break into my sister's house & find her passed away. All while waiting for the results from my wife's Parkinson's disease tests...

Slightly off subject....

Tell your wife I'm asking after her and you will be able to take her out a lot easyer too...once all this has sorted let me know and we will have a look to the tube range when you are ready.

Scott 

great news Hodge and many years more driving to come hopefully.  NB keep a copy of everything you have sent to them.  Especially all the forms I imagine you have completed.  They are good if they ask you to re-apply after 3 years (as in my own case) and you dont have to scratch your head trying to remember what you wrote originally.

Good on you mate.😎