'Nest'

steve_b_wales

I'm hoping to use this again soon. It proved to be very successful last year, and many a Corvid, mainly Magpies and Crows, met their demise. Many more would have too, had I not missed. I placed it at approx 85 yards away and used either my .22 Hornet, or my favourite, my .204 Ruger.

FAKE_EGGS.JPG

Very interesting.  Would be interesting to try something like that around a dairy farm I shoot on as it is invaded by magpies in particular.  The litle Hornet wa one I was interested in 35yrs ago, in fact the K Hornet but then someone introduced me to the 17 Remington, like 17hmr on steroids.  Marmelises corvids out to 300yrds.   I do have to try that idea though.

Some duck eggs would be stronger than hens if you use real egg shells. Must make sure my wife breaks them tidy this week when I have chips and egg for tea.

When I have finished building the bench for my barbecue area I will be into nest making.  Have a couple of places to try it out.

These 264223667506 from Ebay. May take awhile to get them but worth the wait.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Some duck eggs would be stronger than hens if you use real egg shells. Must make sure my wife breaks them tidy this week when I have chips and egg for tea.

When I have finished building the bench for my barbecue area I will be into nest making.  Have a couple of places to try it out.

Clear varnish painted inside the shells will strengthen them. I did this at first, until my plastic ones were delivered from China.