Quiet pigeons

motty

Cracking shooting with that .410 ! Haven’t used mine for quite some time now as haven’t needed to as such.....you proved how effective they are, I prefer 7’s over 6’s in it too. 
Some of those pigeons were jinking around so you did well to get on them with the drainpipe.....not easy that’s for sure! 
My pb with the .410 like yours is also 97, good few years back now. 
We’ve been stopped shooting in the past through noise, so frustrating and always someone who just doesn’t like shooting and kicks up a fuss!

26 minutes ago, muncher said:

That was a nice video, good job you were not near me with all the bad language coming out of my mouth as I got to grips with the Hushpower 410.

Plenty of clips were unusable of mine, too. Called myself an anchor several times!

1 hour ago, Wilts#Dave said:

Cracking shooting with that .410 ! Haven’t used mine for quite some time now as haven’t needed to as such.....you proved how effective they are, I prefer 7’s over 6’s in it too. 
Some of those pigeons were jinking around so you did well to get on them with the drainpipe.....not easy that’s for sure! 
My pb with the .410 like yours is also 97, good few years back now. 
We’ve been stopped shooting in the past through noise, so frustrating and always someone who just doesn’t like shooting and kicks up a fuss!

I did struggle at times, but I was getting the hang of the .410 by the end of the day. I have only used it on odd occasions, previously, as I get frustrated with it and use a 12 instead. I left a he'll of a lot of birds that day that I wouldn't hesitate with using the 12. I had to use a bit of restraint.

1 hour ago, JDog said:

Very good Maestro. That will confound the heavy load/large shot size exponents.

It would be interesting to know who complained about the noise in the first instance given the remote location.

I would love to know who complained, but I probably won't find out. I will probably have issues there from now on, which is a shame, as it isn't a bad spot for a few wildfowl, too.

An excellent advert for moderated shotguns, I have long been an advocate of the Hushpower O/U in 20bore.
Some really nice birds shot and you had no problems swinging through, some people think the moderated guns are front heavy, which makes the swing difficult, but a good shot can overcome that. 🙂

You did well with the pump action .410, I have never been able to master the pump action on a shotgun, going back 50 odd years , the early ones needed muscles of steel to operate them quickly, not for me.

Is your dog's name Boomer , looks a very good dog by the way, especially for wildfowling ?

Really nice to see especially as I'm seriously looking for a moderated  .410 as I'm having noise issues too. 

Can you drop crows with it as well as i find crows are harder to kill, I often find even with 32g of 6s they drop but still need further dispatching.

Good video, I can only dream of 97 round here. 

2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

Really nice to see especially as I'm seriously looking for a moderated  .410 as I'm having noise issues too. 

Can you drop crows with it as well as i find crows are harder to kill, I often find even with 32g of 6s they drop but still need further dispatching.

I have killed lots of blacks with a 12g and 28g 7.5s, get them in the pattern and they are dead, there are some good shots by motty using the .410, but if you are not killing them with 32g 6s you may struggle with a .410.

2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

They’ll drop crows no problem, providing your on them centre pattern and not at extreme range.....much like a 12g in a lot of cases! You need to be bloody accurate with the .410’s, those moderated pumps aren’t the easiest to shoot with.

3 hours ago, old'un said:

I have killed lots of blacks with a 12g and 28g 7.5s, get them in the pattern and they are dead, there are some good shots by motty using the .410, but if you are not killing them with 32g 6s you may struggle with a .410.

Maybe I should tighten up  I shoot cylinder. Some are dead the moment they're hit, others need retrieving and dispatching.

2 hours ago, Wilts#Dave said:

They’ll drop crows no problem, providing your on them centre pattern and not at extreme range.....much like a 12g in a lot of cases! You need to be bloody accurate with the .410’s, those moderated pumps aren’t the easiest to shoot with.

Hoping I find out tonight as I'm going to the perm with my sons Mossberg at 6.30pm.

10 hours ago, Cranfield said:

An excellent advert for moderated shotguns, I have long been an advocate of the Hushpower O/U in 20bore.
Some really nice birds shot and you had no problems swinging through, some people think the moderated guns are front heavy, which makes the swing difficult, but a good shot can overcome that. 🙂

You did well with the pump action .410, I have never been able to master the pump action on a shotgun, going back 50 odd years , the early ones needed muscles of steel to operate them quickly, not for me.

Is your dog's name Boomer , looks a very good dog by the way, especially for wildfowling ?

Cheers, Cranners. Yes, Boomer is his name, named after a successful American gundog. He can be a very good dog when he wants to be, and loves his wildfowling adventures.

1 hour ago, mossy835 said:

good video and some nice shooting. thats way out the way,who would moan.

Unfortunately, there are houses within earshot, and some folk just like to complain about something. 

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Nice one, Motty. Didn't sound too bad on the shuffle stick, they kept falling out of the sky and lovely to see that dog methodcally sorting out the fallen birds not tearing around like a demented...oooooopps almost dit a Ditchie there :sick:

Haha. I didn't include the film where the dog decided to swim to the other side of the river, before deciding he would listen to me and fetch the pigeon that dropped in the middle of it!

16 hours ago, motty said:

Cheers, Cranners. Yes, Boomer is his name, named after a successful American gundog. He can be a very good dog when he wants to be, and loves his wildfowling adventures.

I have a number of friends in the US , mostly hunting and fishing folks, a couple of them have birddogs called Boomer.
Its not occurred to me to ask where the name came from, now I know.
I have never heard of a dog called Boomer in the UK , although that may change.🙂

As already said , another first class video and THANKS for sharing , very similar to the type of fields I shoot on except not as many pigeons as you seem to have around your way , your dog should be in peak condition when the fowling season comes around with the swimming and retrieving from the reeds .

Is that White building in the background the new paper factory  ?.

22 hours ago, marsh man said:

As already said , another first class video and THANKS for sharing , very similar to the type of fields I shoot on except not as many pigeons as you seem to have around your way , your dog should be in peak condition when the fowling season comes around with the swimming and retrieving from the reeds .

Is that White building in the background the new paper factory  ?.

It isn't Palm Paper, but it is very close to that!