Thoughts about the Weihrauch HW 100

Martlandhw100

Iv'e had mine three years now in .20 caliber, its been excellent, reliable and accurate, I like the side lever a lot.

The only small issue Iv'e had is every so often the rubber o ring on the magazine seems to dry out a bit making the pellet harder to load, easy solved by lubing occasionally.

I bought a lighter air cylinder for mine as its a heavy(to me)gun to cart around for a while, it hasn't got a huge shot capacity like a bottle gun but that doesn't bother me.

Considered an R10 at the time of purchase but chose the hw100.

I bought a new HW100 all singing laminate stock, full length barrel etc 6 months ago, i had to wait 4 weeks for it,

Was it worth the wait ?

Nope......

I was glad to see the back of it, pellet fussy-rough and lumpy to cock, i could go on.

Maybe i had a Friday afternoon edition ?

My old BSA Scorpion is better, both Air Arms i own are better still, but after one niggle only, my Red Wolf is the dogs danglies !

Safe money spent would be on anything from AA :good:

I bought an HW100 S .177 new quite a few years ago, and have shot a few thousand pellets [JSB Exacts] through it,,,, never had an issue or problem with it. I even managed to thump the barrel into the ground once [don't ask 😏] immediately checked zero,,,, spot on, and has been ever since. As you say, superb build quality and a proper workhorse 👍 Heavy but easily manageable 😉

Edited by JKD

Had a hw100ks, loved the 5p groups hated the complete random flyers, it didn't like a dirty or a clean barrel, great mag and silky smooth side lever cocking, ultra pellet fussy and eventually discovered it had reg trouble, once sorted it went from loving jsb heavies to jsb RS but doubts wouldn't go away that I may have further trouble so it went. 

Would I have another? Probably not, least hassle I've had with any air rifle was a ridiculously boring & accurate S400. 

Good too here that most of you think it's a good gun, seen as I ordered one a few weeks ago, when I had been looking at pellets tested though them all the reviews I watched seem too be they like the jsb or the aa, can't wait to get it and start shooting it. I'm not too fussed on how heavy it is as I've been use to my hw77 which is heavy. I do really hope it lives up too Weihrauch good reputation. 🤞 I was also looking at the aa but desided against them, let's hope I wasn't wrong for doing so. 

• 1 month later...

I have a HW100 sub 12 and a BSA R-10 FAC. I’ve had issues with the R-10, from verdigris in the block to pellets sticking and having trouble with the bolt ‘O’ ring that engages the pellet. Nothing of the sort with the HW100. The metal HW100 magazine also knocks spots off The plastic BSA magazine. 

If I had to take one reliable shot and had to choose one rifle then it would be the Weihrauch. 

Superb when working as it should - but some have had leaking problems that HC seen unable to fix, my shooting pal had one that went back to HC 3 times before he finally lost faith and actually gave it away. Got to love it cos it can be a killing machine, but I prefer the simplicity and reliability of the S410, hand on heart I would say the S410 carbine takes a hell of a lot of beating.

Edited by bruno22rf

Had my .22 100kt nigh on 10 years now. Tack driver with the right pellets. For the last 5 years its probably been out only 7 or 8 times , and not once has it lost a single ounce of pressure. The mag and cocking mechanism is totally idiot proof,  which is a must on cold dark nights lamping.