Blaser service every two years/20k carts?

Cosmicblue

I've always said I'd never buy a gun that had things that looked like coach bolt heads sticking out the side of the action because it looks like it was knocked up in a shed and yet somehow I've traded the Benelli 828u Sport for a used 32" Blaser F3 Vantage sporter.   Feels good in the shoulder, hopefully equally so when it stops raining and I can get out and try it for real.

Looking at Mulliners (informative) web site they are suggesting a service is required every two years/20k carts.   Do other Blaser owners follow this path? 

https://www.mulliners.co.uk/gunsmith-services/

I have some Cens ear plugs which give similar advice then charge you 70 smackers for the privaledge. Caught me once and never again and they are still working fine.

20,000  averages about a box a day over the 2 yrs .... 7 boxes (175 shells) a week, every week, 700 a month.   Yep, suppose a shotgun having that much thrown through it deserves a a check over.  All down to how much they are charging for the 'service'.   It's not like changing the oil and plugs is it?

15 hours ago, Taileron said:

Just looked at the link and it seems they change quite a few items in the service.

It would concern me that parts would require to be changed every couple of years. I’m no gunsmith but I would imagine that any items should only be changed as and when required, not part of a biannual service. Most guns still function fine after decades of use without servicing.

Saying that, I did have an gun built in the 20s that I serviced every year. Until someone rightly pointed out it had been going strong for the best part of a 100 years at the time, and likely only been serviced a couple of times if that. 

Thanks for all the posts and to 'Mike' who PM'd me on the topic.   

Doing research into Blaser over the last day or so it seems that they have pursued a different path than traditional gun-makers where every component is precision engineered to the the same tolerances with an overarching modular concept applied resulting in massive interchangeability.  So with a 12g one could go out and buy 20g barrels and it's a straight swap - it seems as the designed has evolved and matured the improved internals of the later guns can be fitted to the earlier models. 

The F3 I've bought has a proof date of 2015 and has either been looked after exceedingly well or has had very light use, I suspect the latter as the exterior surfaces are absolutely mint.  I'm going to shoot it for a bit and see what it's like.   I'll apply the principle of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' unless something dictates otherwise. 

If your not having a problem with loose worn ejectors or any of the documented problems they brought fixes fir. Don't bother getting it serviced. Why change good parts😤

As said if your hammering it week in week out two years 20k might be worth a service.

Lots of standard browning and Beretta's do much much more and no problems.

Choice is yours. If it's done you know after its right and can go from there forward.