License extension

9 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Incase anyone hadn't seen, just seen via BASC that the general license's will be extended in there current form till the end of the year with the new ones coming into force midnight Dec 31st.

Nothing on their web site or on latest email received Wednesday. ???

It's in GWCT daily update to. On Gov site to.  Good news! Evo Sec George Eustice saying it's important to keep a robust workable GL. Look like some changes coming though. Says new licences will come out in November  to allow user groups to be aquainted with them before January.  I wonder if they have simplified them?  A lot of us gave them plenty of information last year to do so and get it done! Well done those that did!      NB

31 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

It's in GWCT daily update to. On Gov site to.  Good news! Evo Sec George Eustice saying it's important to keep a robust workable GL. Look like some changes coming though. Says new licences will come out in November  to allow user groups to be aquainted with them before January.  I wonder if they have simplified them?  A lot of us gave them plenty of information last year to do so and get it done! Well done those that did!      NB

Don't get me wrong I'm all for being positive but I can't help but feel the pressure exerted by the likes of WJ is felt far more than than the voices of the folks who actually need and use these license's.

I could be wrong, I'd love nothing more than to be wrong but I can't see any more changes benefiting us lot.

13 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Don't get me wrong I'm all for being positive but I can't help but feel the pressure exerted by the likes of WJ is felt far more than than the voices of the folks who actually need and use these license's.

I could be wrong, I'd love nothing more than to be wrong but I can't see any more changes benefiting us lot.

We will have to see what happens. WJ have played there hand. Called us all sorts with there boring repeated bile and false information! It's up to us to support our orgs, keep educating folks and give them some real facts and why pest and predator control is necessary. . . . .Though it don't seem to be looking to good for wild fowling season at moment. NE holding things up and still on about no shooting on or near SSSI's.     NB

Wildfowling clubs who have their consents in position will still be able to go wildfowling on the marsh they have consents on.There a several clubs who have not had their consents passed be NE may have difficulty.NE,s ineptitude in granting these consents has nothing to do with clubs or organisations just the lack of people in NE not experienced enough to survey a marsh.

13 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

We will have to see what happens. WJ have played there hand. Called us all sorts with there boring repeated bile and false information! It's up to us to support our orgs, keep educating folks and give them some real facts and why pest and predator control is necessary. . . . .Though it don't seem to be looking to good for wild fowling season at moment. NE holding things up and still on about no shooting on or near SSSI's.     NB

Don't get me wrong I 100% agree with false and misleading light we are presented in by WJ but the fact is it goes down far better than anything we have. 

The current generation is far to happy to swallow all that tripe and take it as gospel because its the 'in' thing to be seen to be involved in at the moment. 

Having spent a bit of time watching sabs and anti fieldsports on YouTube and the wider web the widespread ignorance is disgusting and scary in equal measures. Criminal damage and violence against us lot and what we do is widely spouted as not only acceptable but legal in their eyes. 

More and more people are far to happy to fall in with it than educate themselves and find out the truth. 

How are we ever going to compete let alone win against that?