Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hello lads just got a near new beretta xcel with blue receiver for clays pigeons and ducks gun in good order through out wanted to ask forum anyone shoot with these guns I’m usually a browning fan so my first beretta semi auto Photo posted of net by the way 

83CFE518-6E09-4569-AEA6-ED44FFB31FAB.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

yes very good auto, what length barrel is it, they also come with a kick off, recycles well, easy to strip and clean,

would recommend a lever instead of the button, for closing the mag, a lot easier to operate 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bryan7162 said:

yes very good auto, what length barrel is it, they also come with a kick off, recycles well, easy to strip and clean,

would recommend a lever instead of the button, for closing the mag, a lot easier to operate 

Thanks for the reply mate it’s a 30 inch barrel with extended chokes I’m only back from the clay ground and all I can say is brilliant I shot a round of 35 and hit 27 I tried 24g and 28g cartridges And didn’t have one jam I’d be first to admit I’m usually a browning fan But this beretta fantastic cant wait to get it on the ducks 🦆😆👍👍👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

You won't regret buying Beretta but as previously mentioned for ease of use (especially during winter/wildfowling) you might want to swap out the bolt release button for an aftermarket one,expect to pay over the odds to get one in this country but to me it was worth the bother...

20200504-161349.jpg

20200504-161340.jpg

A relative of mine has recently bought an A400 Extreme Plus after previously owning an Extrema 1 & 2,again it's a fantastic gun but i'd sooner keep my Extrema 2,Beretta,for reasons best known to themselves, have done away with the magazine cut-off on the Xtreme Plus,something i use regulary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 51/50 said:

You won't regret buying Beretta but as previously mentioned for ease of use (especially during winter/wildfowling) you might want to swap out the bolt release button for an aftermarket one,expect to pay over the odds to get one in this country but to me it was worth the bother...

20200504-161349.jpg

20200504-161340.jpg

A relative of mine has recently bought an A400 Extreme Plus after previously owning an Extrema 1 & 2,again it's a fantastic gun but i'd sooner keep my Extrema 2,Beretta,for reasons best known to themselves, have done away with the magazine cut-off on the Xtreme Plus,something i use regulary.

Looks like a good job how much would I expect to pay for bolt release I’ve seen them on other semi autos I’m well happy with that Xcel And the wood is pretty good on it Not to mention The beretta optic chokes Think this gun a keeper the 2 browning semis I had in the past Maxus&New A5 would not cycle 24 gram clay loads when brought them to clay ground But that Xcel last week cycle them like lightning 👍👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended up buying my Briley button/lever from Brownells UK,i wanted to buy direct from the USA but it was fraught with uncertainty regarding import duties,i paid Brownells £87 & it was shipped to my door at that price,no fear of any surprise charges!,that's almost twice what you'd pay for the button in the USA but i had no choice,it did however transform the gun,especially for emptying the magazine,i also have a health condition which can seriously affect the dexterity of my fingers in cold weather so the Briley will make operation far easier in that situation,i also had a bespoke bolt handle made which i find far nicer to use than the OEM Beretta handle,if you'd like to go down that path i'll happily put you in touch with the machinist,i can highly recommend him,i'm also getting a 6mm extension welded onto the cartridge lifter sometime soon,trying to reload quickly with a gloved finger has had me caught up a few times,the extension should help alleviate that problem.

 

BTW the piece of tape on my gun is not a permanent fixture,it was only to hide the serial number for pictures...lol

Edited by 51/50
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 51/50 said:

I ended up buying my Briley button/lever from Brownells UK,i wanted to buy direct from the USA but it was fraught with uncertainty regarding import duties,i paid Brownells £87 & it was shipped to my door at that price,no fear of any surprise charges!,that's almost twice what you'd pay for the button in the USA but i had no choice,it did however transform the gun,especially for emptying the magazine,i also have a health condition which can seriously affect the dexterity of my fingers in cold weather so the Briley will make operation far easier in that situation,i also had a bespoke bolt handle made which i find far nicer to use than the OEM Beretta handle,if you'd like to go down that path i'll happily put you in touch with the machinist,i can highly recommend him,i'm also getting a 6mm extension welded onto the cartridge lifter sometime soon,trying to reload quickly with a gloved finger has had me caught up a few times,the extension should help alleviate that problem.

 

BTW the piece of tape on my gun is not a permanent fixture,it was only to hide the serial number for pictures...lol

Good job mate I was speaking to my local gun dealer he told me exactly what you said so thanks Your gun looks the part 👍👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/06/2020 at 12:29, bryan7162 said:

if you log onto PSHQEUROPE.COM scroll down left hand list to shotgun accessories,

you will see bolt release levers for sale, pick your colour and model gun.

They were one of the first companies i contacted when i'd set about about trying to get parts from the USA,their replies regarding import duties were worded very tactfully but i persevered & then it became obvious that as soon as you'd purchase goods from them & they'd dispatched them it was out of their hands & there was every chance that you'd be stung,not only would there be import duties but Parcel Force would also want duties for collecting the goods from the airport.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...