Newbie South Yorkshire

Hi all 

Joined up a couple of months ago for advice with my new cocker pup.This has already developed into needing to be a full blown countryman keep plugging away at the wife to get on with my shotgun licence which I gave up 15years ago after finding going out drinking with mates so stopped going shooting. Delivery’s keep turning up new coat new trousers she will get the picture soon and before long I will be out on the pigeon scaring them away with my loud bangs and hopefully 1 will fall from the noise before coming home to blame my gun for not being the right fit and then trying to find a gun that fits better. Thanks 

12 hours ago, Lufcyorkshire said:

Hi mate from Rotherham 

Quite a few of us in this general area it seems. I'm in Stannington NW Sheffield.

Plenty of clay shoots in the area to get you started again, especially if you're not bothered about competition shooting.

Perms are harder to find than hens teeth, so if you get one, hold on tight.

👍

7 hours ago, Lufcyorkshire said:

Yes mate seems that way with permission going to start looking when I’ve got my license.What you reckon is best clay ground in local area ?

I shoot at Sycamore on a Sunday 50 bird, £15. That's the best local to me.

I also shoot at the Boar, Pinewood and Park Lodge. Park Lodge is undoubtedly the best but also the most expensive, in this case you get what you pay for. Pinewood is always good but a bit of a stretch for me being at Gainsborough. The Boar on the Woodhead pass I use a lot as it's cheap and cheerful, unfortunately you do get a lot of no birds and stands closed, but they have a sim driven game that's second to none.