Henry Kissinger to the rescue.

JDog

This afternoon I was joined by Jacko who made his usual 110 mile round trip for some action, and Mighty Mariner who I haven't shot with nearly enough over the past few months.

Jacko was dropped off at a pea field near a village. In the six weeks since this field was drilled this was the first opportunity to shoot it with a prevailing wind. Mighty Mariner and I went a couple of miles further to another pea field and my guidance to him was to set up just behind a set of farm buildings. I went elsewhere knowing even before I set up that it was all wrong and that the wind would be too strong for my hide position.

I lasted ten minutes there before packing up and attempting to find another more suitable place. Then I had a phone call from Jacko. He was with an irate man from the village whose horse was apparently being frightened by the noise. I knew that the wind was blowing any shot noise away from the houses and when Jacko handed me the phone to speak to him I told him that I had waited six weeks to shoot that field and that shooting would continue. Not knowing how well that had gone down I decided to go and see the situation for myself and when I arrived there was a shaven headed Lady in an all white track suit standing outside Jacko's hide. I told her that we would be shooting for another three hours and away she went.

When I relayed the situation to MM on the other farm he made reference to the ex Secretary of State for the US and a noted Diplomat.

The shooting on our field was good and my companion brought off some very good shots indeed. He is now happy with the choke and cartridge combination for his gun. MM texted to say he had packed up with 22 pigeons picked so in total we had 72 pigeons in excellent conditions.

At the end I went to see the Lady to thank her for being so understanding. She was almost apologetic as she explained that she was a townie and had yet to assimilate into country ways. Of course I couldn't leave her without saying that we would be shooting the field again in the future when there was a strong prevailing wind and that I would call in and see her beforehand.

Thankyou Jdog for yet another invite and the 110 mile Round trip is well worth it for the company and chance if not always to have a day like that shooting I hit my PB and we could have probably got more if not for the interruption From the locals as the birds where still decoying as I stood the talking to them😡😡😡 ... shotkam video posted on sporting videos  if anyone wants to watch

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/06/2020 at 21:08, JDog said:

This afternoon I was joined by Jacko who made his usual 110 mile round trip for some action, and Mighty Mariner who I haven't shot with nearly enough over the past few months.

Jacko was dropped off at a pea field near a village. In the six weeks since this field was drilled this was the first opportunity to shoot it with a prevailing wind. Mighty Mariner and I went a couple of miles further to another pea field and my guidance to him was to set up just behind a set of farm buildings. I went elsewhere knowing even before I set up that it was all wrong and that the wind would be too strong for my hide position.

I lasted ten minutes there before packing up and attempting to find another more suitable place. Then I had a phone call from Jacko. He was with an irate man from the village whose horse was apparently being frightened by the noise. I knew that the wind was blowing any shot noise away from the houses and when Jacko handed me the phone to speak to him I told him that I had waited six weeks to shoot that field and that shooting would continue. Not knowing how well that had gone down I decided to go and see the situation for myself and when I arrived there was a shaven headed Lady in an all white track suit standing outside Jacko's hide. I told her that we would be shooting for another three hours and away she went.

When I relayed the situation to MM on the other farm he made reference to the ex Secretary of State for the US and a noted Diplomat.

The shooting on our field was good and my companion brought off some very good shots indeed. He is now happy with the choke and cartridge combination for his gun. MM texted to say he had packed up with 22 pigeons picked so in total we had 72 pigeons in excellent conditions.

At the end I went to see the Lady to thank her for being so understanding. She was almost apologetic as she explained that she was a townie and had yet to assimilate into country ways. Of course I couldn't leave her without saying that we would be shooting the field again in the future when there was a strong prevailing wind and that I would call in and see her beforehand.

A tricky situation very well handled. I’m not sure I follow the reference to the ex US Sec of State (which one?) but you score on the diplomacy stakes. I’ve had a couple of similar situations crop up over the years and apart from the aggro, it puts a bit of a dampener on proceedings but sounds like you have set the scene for any future recurrence.