Supprise in kitchen

bornfree

Came home from work today and the wife says "I think the cat has lost a mouse under the dishwasher"  so I get a torch lay on the floor shine it under the dishwasher and all I can see is some green rope thinking what's that doing under there I slide two fingers under and the rope moves. Not sure who was more shocked me or the grass snake. Pull out the dishwasher and it's gone behind the kitchen units.  So my question is how do I tempt a grass snake out.?

Most kitchen units I've seen have removable kick panels at the front floor level, retained by snap over clips to the cupboard legs. I'd imagine if the washer has been pulled out its easy to get behind the next panel and knock it out - moving along as needed.

Edited by Dave-G

They will head somewhere dark, moist and warm. Under the dishwasher or behind a tumbledryer will be the spots I would check first. 

For the love god don't use tape or anything sticky. That messes up a snake. 

You need flour, a dead mouse, big Coke bottle (may have to cut the top ope a little) , towel and a low level heat source (one of those chemical clicky button hand warmers will do) or failing that warm up the towel. 

Spread decent amount of flour on the floor(you want to use it to see tracks) Pop mouse in bottle and lay on its side, somewhere near the corner of the room. Put heat source under bottle and cover most of it with the towel. 

Go to bed. 

In the morning you will either a) have a snake in a bottle or b) tracks in the flour showing you the hidey hole. Or c) nothing... But it will work eventually. 

Oh. And you will probably get musked on. A lot. 

Good luck with that! 

7 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Lord V, what do you mean by get musked on?    NB

in other words it will **** over you as a deterrent thinking you are a predator i used to catch at least 5 a month where i used to work and slip them in the showers when the boys was showering  surprising    how high a grown man can jump and scream 

On 20/06/2020 at 00:00, NatureBoy said:

Lord V, what do you mean by get musked on?    NB

As the other two said, they will spray a delightful mix of anal secretions all over the joint if they think you are a predetor. 

Forgot to add, if you do handle it, a hand immediately behind the head and one mid body to support the bulk of the snake. 

Hope you find it! 

5 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Just read this, then heard the cat making a fuss, mrs walks into the hall and there it a slow worm playing dead on the floor, tail missing. Im not a huge cat person but ghe came with haha. Its great to see the slow worms in the garden, just not in the house with a cat over the top of it 

IMG_20200504_085159.jpg.c9ab61c0781205f04857fb7da2929fd1.jpgim lucky and surrounded by them. Saved this big female from the mower

IMG_20200504_085150.jpg