Illegal raves

Boristhedog

It seems the police are issuing warnings that prosecutions could happen should people attend, and, in addition, they are planning a dedicated operation to disperse any groups trying to attend.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/Seems -england-birmingham-53119615

Somewhat at odds with their attitude to recent demonstrations and beach gatherings which were seemingly acceptable and allowed to continue.

3 minutes ago, Boristhedog said:

It seems the police are issuing warnings that prosecutions could happen should people attend, and, in addition, they are planning a dedicated operation to disperse any groups trying to attend.

Somewhat at odds with their attitude to recent demonstrations and beach gatherings which were seemingly acceptable and allowed to continue.

They always seem to sit back and watch and leave the poor old landowner to clear up.

I wonder if it is just an idle threat?

27 minutes ago, Boristhedog said:

They made a right mess in Manchester last week, two separate sites, stabbings, rape drugs, groups going at each other with machetes!!

Then praising locals who came out to clean up the mess, police are apparently prepared this week??

A strong Covid second wave should perhaps be expected in a week or so thanks to brats like them and protesters.

In fact thinking more on this: perhaps those at the raves will sleep it off the day after so be less likely to protest destroy city centres and shopping for the rest of us. 

Having been to our local Morrisons today (first time in weeks) it seems that all forms of social distancing has now been abandoned. Last time I went we were queuing outside and only being let in when somebody comes out.

Not any more, no queue, shop was rammed, one way systems totally ignored, social distancing ignored. Only at the checkouts was there anybody telling you what to do.

So carry on with the protests and the raves

21 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Having been to our local Morrisons today (first time in weeks) it seems that all forms of social distancing has now been abandoned. Last time I went we were queuing outside and only being let in when somebody comes out.

Not any more, no queue, shop was rammed, one way systems totally ignored, social distancing ignored. Only at the checkouts was there anybody telling you what to do.

So carry on with the protests and the raves

10 weeks in the slammer for nought 🥵

Edited by Capt Christopher Jones

I drove past the illegal rave at Carrington near Manchester.   There was literally thousands of young people and one police car ,what chance have the police got 

as I passed I could hear the abuse they were getting ,blocking there way.  One lad walked past the car and ran his bottle top down the paintwork

youngsters have no respect for anyone 

19 hours ago, Capt Christopher Jones said:

Point of order.

are there any "legal" raves 

Funnily enough, yes. But not totally legal. I used to do a bit of work for a guy, not far from you, who would tell me about the legal raves he and his pals would have in village halls!. These folks were quite wealthy retired professionals and would happily all chip in to hire a place, sort their own music and “gear”, and rave the afternoon or evenings away. No one came to any harm and everyone would have a great time.