Grassed a ton on grass !

Smokersmith

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/0yie1kygv20oa5q/AABS8uOHLl2IiFznViZuTug8a

This morning started early with a dawn corvid ambush on some cover crop that was packed last week with them ... I suspected that they’d already had what they wanted, and that proved to be the case with just 5 downed.

Things picked up as the farmer saw me back at my vehicle and said there were plenty of pigeons on some grass ... so I had a look and there were enough on there at 8 am to get me back after rapidly getting my jobs done by 11 30. 
It was a far from ideal set up, with the field next to the road and the wind in the wrong direction also ... so I ended up on the next field with the wind in my face and decoys next to the grass. It kind of worked out though ... when they came up the field they decoyed well  .... and the ones that came by surprise from behind suffered from my love of trap shooting!

My arc of fire was restricted so I was pretty chuffed when I gathered the 112th bird in.

Edited by Smokersmith

Certainly plenty about … the 2 chaps either side of me in the queue at Cecils both had 200+ bags !!

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 19:36, muncher said:

Well done Steve, glad your getting a few .

I really hope this 'travel ban' keeps going … much easier to shoot them from here than from NL !!

On ‎27‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 09:19, BinaryB said:

Brilliant stuff Smoker. To confirm, when you say on grass, was this a recently silaged field?

No … standing stuff in seed.

19 hours ago, motty said:

Nice one, Smoker! We don't get enough reports from you.

The idea of posting without a pic doesn't sit well .. and as I'm usually on a time limit, I rarely bother taking pics. Unfortunately with the competitive clay season kicking off again, the woodies will get some rest for the next few months.