Bench mark

Walker570

Some time ago I mentioned making some chairs for our barbecue area out of reclaimed timber. Well we had a think about it and came up with the idea of having a full width bench alongside the wall which would easily seat four people. I still had some of thos 3x3 piecs of pine which i had recovered when the wall sections where delivered for the new cow shed. I ran these across the little planer that team Tractor sold me and made up four frames the same as for the chairs. I then went to my local wood supplier and purchased an 8x4 sheet of cladding ply and was lucky to get a good one.  I cut this into two sections , one 18 inch wide for the seat and the remainder for the back but I shaped that and cut some profiles of pheasants which i attached and then drew a bit of a background scene.

Doesn't look too bad at all with one coat of light oak varnish.  Adds a feature to the barbecue area.  I found some wheels which will go on the table legs which means we can ease the table out for access if necessary and these wheels have tredle locks on them which will secure the table in place.  The whole bench cost less than £30.   And all that 3inch by 3 inch timber was going to be thrown on the fire and burnt.

002.jpg