What's going on ?

boo

Why dont NE  just go with the Status Quo keep the consents active on land passed previously and only withdraw then if there is a  strong reason to do so.

Or NE  could just come upfront and admit they are biased  against fieldsports and plan to ban every one they can.

Rules are being made by people who are ignorant of what they are actually banning. Absolutely unbelievable. So much ground has been lost over the last couple of years. Maybe I wont be getting a gun dog next in a few years. Better stick to my lurchers because we lost out years ago but at least we can plug on to a degree  

1 hour ago, captainhastings said:

Wild Justice there name just sums it up they are on a crusade to save every animal and stop hunting in any form. Simple as. They don't actually have a clue. Just disgraceful 

But no one will do anything about them

NE have not got the manpower to carry out surveys of  various clubs grounds.The article was obviously written by a journalist with no idea what they were writing about ,but we must be used to this.I don't believe WJ have anything to do with the consents being withheld,it is simply the inefficiency of NE.This is why DEFRA have taken the general licence back after the complete  cock up NE made last year.This government agency must be brought to book as NRW in Wales . Ineffective in whatever they do.

The WJ inclusion in this article is pure BS, propaganda on WJs part/ or their advocates. who wishfully think its a WJ gain.

this is Natural England and its typical of Tony juniper and his ilk, they saw a chink latched on withheld consents , with no obvious in house ability or resources to effectively undertake any review of the magnitude required.

Basc are well versed in consents and no doubt looking at ways to bring this to a suitable conclusion.

i think its a huge home goal for the Tony juniper reign at NE, he is not getting much right. and the government have not got enough money to suffer fools gladly. We need to wait and see what comes in the Natural england response, but i think they look in a Embarrassing position.

38 minutes ago, captainhastings said:

I have never taken an interest in the likes of basc before. But to be honest if they are the only folks we have ? Then people need to get behind them. The larger there numbers the more clout they have I guess. I am seriously considering joining now. Shame they don't do a monthly sub BASC are a godsend. Without them we would be absolutely screwed , take no notice of the BASC naysayers they are the only show  in town when it counts, and your right we all need to get behind them on this and other things. .

22 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

The WJ inclusion in this article is pure BS, propaganda on WJs part/ or their advocates. who wishfully think its a WJ gain.

this is Natural England and its typical of Tony juniper and his ilk, they saw a chink latched on withheld consents , with no obvious in house ability or resources to effectively undertake any review of the magnitude required.

Basc are well versed in consents and no doubt looking at ways to bring this to a suitable conclusion.

i think its a huge home goal for the Tony juniper reign at NE, he is not getting much right. and the government have not got enough money to suffer fools gladly. We need to wait and see what comes in the Natural england response, but i think they look in a Embarrassing position.

I totally agree with lancer 425.NE. have over extended themselves.I do hope BASC and others can sort this dreadful mess out,sooner than later and show how badley NE are being run,costing the tax payer many thousands of pounds a year.,as well as NRW 

21 hours ago, captainhastings said:

I have never taken an interest in the likes of basc before. But to be honest if they are the only folks we have ? Then people need to get behind them. The larger there numbers the more clout they have I guess. I am seriously considering joining now. Shame they don't do a monthly sub 

They do. Think I pay about £7 a month last time I checked. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/06/2020 at 20:17, lancer425 said:

Everything in the press at the moment that is anti hunting/shooting is pure propaganda. There was an article in the Telegraph (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/07/06/trophy-hunting-imports-banned-uk/) that says a ban has happened. Well I know for a fact it hasnt as the consultation is still on going. The antis are having stuff printed every week making out that they are winning but the reality is different.

All they have is emotion to motivate no facts or science  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SuperGoose75 said:

"It would be a thousand pities if the wildfowler,with all his qualities of energy and perspective, should fail to use them for the protection,purification and the perpetuation of his sport."

Stanely Duncan 1908.

Amen to that

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just to bring you up to speed we did not get a consent to shoot the Upper Humber last season. A lot of hard work was put into trying to turn the situation around but NE are like a brick wall.  We can only hope for a consent for next season.  

if progress is not made on the Humber I truly fear for wildfowling on a national scale. 

38 minutes ago, scolopax said:

Just to bring you up to speed we did not get a consent to shoot the Upper Humber last season. A lot of hard work was put into trying to turn the situation around but NE are like a brick wall.  We can only hope for a consent for next season.  

if progress is not made on the Humber I truly fear for wildfowling on a national scale. 

Can you not take legal action? is that **** Juniper still in charge?

34 minutes ago, grahamch said:

Can you not take legal action? is that **** Juniper still in charge?

I have not been closely involved in this, but BASC have spent a lot of money on the case, partly on legal advise. And yes Juniper is still in charge.