AYA N.4 Cartridges

Evening all,

Just thought I’d pick your brains and see if you have any sage advice regarding the best cartridges for pigeon for my newly purchased AYA N.4. Gun was advertised on here recently and bought by me- took it out yesterday on clays and was great. It’s a 70mm chamber. I’ve got a slab of RC Sipes 30 6 and wondered if they would be too much?

thanks 

Hull Imperials,RC Professional Game,Gamebore Super Game etc are all effective and smooth ,personally i give a wide birth to the black cased offerings of the big names which are just plain unpleasant in s/s although good cartridges in 7lb + guns!!

48 minutes ago, JonathanS said:

And thanks for the advice! Appreciated as always.

If we're talking decoying we could have knocked this on the head after the first reply. Pattern kills and at the shorter ranges when decoying the pattern can be kept up to the mark with more open choke which makes life easier and there's energy for a bit of a stretch.

5 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

Lyalvale pigeon power 29g 6s in fibre wad shoot lovely in my yeoman. Plenty of punch in them without being punishing to shoot. The other reason I like them is they are cheap!

Good shout … the RC 30g will be fine, but the PP have all the virtues extolled above ….

I once put some old SC GAME labelled 32g 5s through my yeoman, pigeon got out of a tree right beside me and I went for a snap shot, it kicked that hard my finger slipped and hit the 2nd trigger too, gave my teeth one hell of a rattle, dog looked at me disgusted so we just packed up and went home. Haven't dared go over 30g since haha