Sign in to follow this  
The Heron

Kibble

I have tried all sorts of kibble but my dog is not keen on any of them can anyone suggest alternatives thanks in advance. 

Try mixing in a few spoonfuls of wet food, or soaking the kibble in water. Our older lab is very fussy but we have had some success getting her to eat this way. Dogs will eat when they are hungry, it could be your dog has a slow metabolism and doesn't need to eat as much as the average hound. 

Trawl "allaboutdogfood" website and see what's the best at a reasonable price. I tend to feed 50/50 wet and dry using Lukullas wet which my Springers devour -kibble wise I use whatever is on offer so long as it's not rubbish (which most of them are). 

A hungry dog will eat anything. Cold turkey is best way. I’ve switched from raw to kibble etc many times with different dogs. Sit your dogs like normal to eat, place food down; give them the command to eat, then take any uneaten food away after 15 minutes. 

https://www.millieswolfheart.co.uk/

We use these, they have been very helpful with any questions regarding diet calorie ingredients etc. Service too during the current climate has been excellent. 

Our 2 dogs look well on it.  

I tried all sorts, even Millies WH and other expensive so called top brands and hypoallergic brands, dog was still very loose and as a pup unable to hold his guts overnight. 

Swapped him to BARF raw feeding and he has been a different dog, put weight on, muscled up well, just generally better all around. 

First question is are you soaking the food? If so you can try adding a little stock or gravy. I use Arkwrights and my dogs wolf it down.