Go Outdoors goes prrrrrhhhh..

enfieldspares

A couple of years ago I spent a fair bit on a big **** off tent from them. Not sure why. It’s been used twice in the garden and once overnight at a campsite since. I keep on saying that “we must go camping” but never get around to it. Go Outdoors also did additional discount for people doing DofE (both my children have) which also saved a bit.  

I've found, especially over the lockdown, that the suppliers to these stores are even more keen to deal direct, where once the supplier web sites just contained information, now they will take an order.   Bought some Berghaus walking boots (for shooting), direct from the site, same price as Amazon but if you registered for the newsletter an instant 10% off.  Berghaus boots come in half sizes and are now better quality/value than the Merrells I've had about 10 pairs of.

The Retailers have almost no chance of survival, it's just a matter of time - everything will go on-line eventually.

Could have been really great, but wasn't. The two near us spent loads of money on climbing walls that were never staffed, so never open. Tons of racks of fairly meh gear, with a few bargains in the mix every now and then and a ridiculously expensive D of E expedition gear range - Gave a good scout discount on top of the card discount mind you.