Browning 325/425 20 gauge

Cumbrian

4 hours ago, gamekeeper1960 said:

No a very rare beast over here I'm afraid but keep an eye on gun trader every now and then they do turn up..must say I love mine best handling game gun I've ever owned. .👍

Ps handles 32g Black Golds a treat. ..😊

IMG-20180218-WA0000.jpeg

That's lovely

32g in a 20 bore? Get your tin helmet on before the neighslaighers arrive

1 hour ago, button said:

That's lovely

32g in a 20 bore? Get your tin helmet on before the neighslaighers arrive

I don't mind when they're high I'd rather bring em.. down dead. ..oh and it's steel proofed   ..win... win. .☺

I promised myself a long while ago when I wore a younger mans cloths that I would have an over and under with a straight hand stock and I'm sure glad I have. .there is just something about them that's right. ..👍

Edited by gamekeeper1960

55 minutes ago, gamekeeper1960 said:

I don't mind when they're high I'd rather bring em.. down dead. ..oh and it's steel proofed   ..win... win. .☺

I promised myself a long while ago when I wore a younger mans cloths that I would have an over and under with a straight hand stock and I'm sure glad I have. .there is just something about them that's right. ..👍

Spot on both points

39 minutes ago, Zimtrout said:

stuck mine on the scales, its just under 7lbs. that is with extended briley chokes and a fair sized extension on the stock. I am 6ft 2 so needed to extend the stock a fair amount.

Not yet....

Dont blame you, got the. 410 white lightening and that's going no where

Edited by button

I think the weight of a 20g must be a personal thing as some prefer the Browning/Miroku weighing around 7lbs whereas others prefer the weight of a Beretta at just over 6lbs. 

My 20g Macnab Highlander weighs just 6lbs and I shoot 28g RC Sipes with no adverse recoil and find it pleasant to shoot. I would not wish, nor need to shoot 32g through it though.

Still interested to know who else makes a 16g (my favourite gauge) other than Lincoln or Chapuis weighing around 6 1/2 lbs.

OB

16 hours ago, gamekeeper1960 said:

No a very rare beast over here I'm afraid but keep an eye on gun trader every now and then they do turn up..must say I love mine best handling game gun I've ever owned. .👍

Ps handles 32g Black Golds a treat. ..😊

IMG-20180218-WA0000.jpeg

May I ask the weight of your 20g please ?

Many thanks,

OB

One thing I am not a fan of is the prevalence of the prince of Wales stocks on 16s, I have big hands and find them very uncomfortable. Oddly I love my straight hand stock. I think that might be due to learning to shoot with a straight hand stocked side by side.

Edited by Zimtrout
Spelling

On 27/06/2020 at 05:57, Old Boggy said:

I think the weight of a 20g must be a personal thing as some prefer the Browning/Miroku weighing around 7lbs whereas others prefer the weight of a Beretta at just over 6lbs. 

My 20g Macnab Highlander weighs just 6lbs and I shoot 28g RC Sipes with no adverse recoil and find it pleasant to shoot. I would not wish, nor need to shoot 32g through it though.

Still interested to know who else makes a 16g (my favourite gauge) other than Lincoln or Chapuis weighing around 6 1/2 lbs.

OB

May I ask the weight of your 20g please ?

Many thanks,

OB

Hi OB. It weighs in at shade over 7lbs..