AYA YEOMAN ORIGINAL BUTT PLATE WANTED

CountryBoyTweed

Evening all! 

I'm in the process of restoring my old AYA yeoman, I've recently re-blued the barrels (I posted the finished product in the DIY Craft section).

I'm reaching out to you all for some help, My yeoman was fitted with an aftermarket Recoil pad which has always bugged me. It's fitted nicely, it just doesn't suit the gun. I'd really like to replace it with an original AYA butt plate. Fortunately I still have the original screws which have large plugged head. 

If anyone has one or would be willing to sell me one, please drop me a PM! 

(ITEM 143 in the below GA drawing)

Many thanks! 

Screenshot 2020-06-22 at 20.49.57.png

Edited by CountryBoyTweed

Give ASI a ring , they have always been very helpful .Save yourself time and money by starting with a new full sized plate that can be fitted and tailored to your stock .

So here is the problem ,the butt plate is fitted to the stock and ground down to the wood , Take the plate from another gun and it may not fit , to big , no problem , to small no good . wrong shape , problem . 

I had a box of heel /butt plates for many guns , Beretta's , Miroku's ,Browning's , Aya , etc etc . very rarely did you find one that would go straight on another stock .

9 hours ago, Gunman said:

Give ASI a ring , they have always been very helpful .Save yourself time and money by starting with a new full sized plate that can be fitted and tailored to your stock .

So here is the problem ,the butt plate is fitted to the stock and ground down to the wood , Take the plate from another gun and it may not fit , to big , no problem , to small no good . wrong shape , problem . 

I had a box of heel /butt plates for many guns , Beretta's , Miroku's ,Browning's , Aya , etc etc . very rarely did you find one that would go straight on another stock .

Thanks for the detailed feedback Gunman! I've reached out to ASI, I'll hopefully get some good news soon. 

On 22/06/2020 at 20:56, CountryBoyTweed said:

Evening all! 

I'm in the process of restoring my old AYA yeoman, I've recently re-blued the barrels (I posted the finished product in the DIY Craft section).

I'm reaching out to you all for some help, My yeoman was fitted with an aftermarket Recoil pad which has always bugged me. It's fitted nicely, it just doesn't suit the gun. I'd really like to replace it with an original AYA butt plate. Fortunately I still have the original screws which have large plugged head. 

If anyone has one or would be willing to sell me one, please drop me a PM! 

(ITEM 143 in the below GA drawing)

Many thanks! 

Screenshot 2020-06-22 at 20.49.57.png

I have a aya original butt plate I took of my aya no3 magnum if you want it mate Gerry78 Northern Ireland 

341B23F7-AAD4-419E-9425-CD9FAB7B39C1.jpeg

7A7D3FE6-E92C-45AA-B488-0D13841B9FAD.jpeg

9BC7362E-E45A-464F-9A60-E82F0DDBBCBB.jpeg