Wildfowlers to Blame for Song Bird Decline?

DerbyshireDale.

Thought this may be of interest to fellow wildfowlers... My Friend is a member of a Corvid enthusiast group on Facebook and brought this to my attention(Please see above the orange line). It seems that we are the target yet again for people who are ill-informed about our sport. "British Trust for Ornithology" are publishing material which has no foundation; How can Wildfowling contribute to the decline of the song bird population? Are their members aware that the air force bomb regularly on various parts of the foreshore around the UK coastline? However, they do not get a mention. It is worth noting that this was published in 2010 but is still being circulated.

magpie.jpg

Obviously if you are a Wildfowler you must feed the Ducks bread - there is then no bread left for the little tweeties - simples. Lloyd90 - do you want your post moved to the joke section? How could they afford such a "state of the art media centre" - crazy notion, I think the only way would be to charge a high price to join then sit around all day with your thumb up your jacksie.

Songbird Survival seems to be the only organisation that makes a public stance and declaration on songbird mortality and their predators.

A great pity that this organisation is not well represented in MSM.....well, no surprise there, then ....seems like Pack&co have sole access to those platforms.

That's correct but if you read the topic fully, this had already been  'pointed out' by myself but it is 'still being used' and my friend had it posted to her through another member of the Corvid site only the other week!! this is why I put it up, for wildfowlers to see that their sport is being used as a reason for the song bird decline, obviously its the members policy just to defend the' Crow family 'but it doesn't really  matter what year the poster came out, its the fact  that its still being used today and its falsely educating the public that, wildfowling is part of the reason why songbirds are in decline and anybody involved in any kind of fieldsports  knows that is completely untrue and unfounded but if seen by joe public on a poster, they will believe it!!

54 minutes ago, DerbyshireDale. said:

That's correct but if you read the topic fully, this had already been  'pointed out' by myself but it is 'still being used' and my friend had it posted to her through another member of the Corvid site only the other week!! this is why I put it up, for wildfowlers to see that their sport is being used as a reason for the song bird decline, obviously its the members policy just to defend the' Crow family 'but it doesn't really  matter what year the poster came out, its the fact  that its still being used today and its falsely educating the public that, wildfowling is part of the reason why songbirds are in decline and anybody involved in any kind of fieldsports  knows that is completely untrue and unfounded but if seen by joe public on a poster, they will believe it!!

Very well said but I think the Antis will try anything to put hunters down No matter how long it takes 

• 4 weeks later...

I do sometimes feel that we are targeted as shooters due to being a minority group. Thats all of us be it fowlers, stalkers or even pigeon shooters. Saying that I'm more concerned that the OP admits to having a friend that loves corvids 🤣.

Im of Indian origin and my family have a long standing tradition of hunting in a sustainable way. Whenever I encounter an anti I point this out to them and then back it up by saying you are now attacking my ancestral traditions and I feel offended. Well seeing as most antis a liberal left wing idiots they start to apologise profusely, I stop them right there and inform them that people have been hunting since we started walking on two legs and its not me they need to apologise to but all the other hunters they have given a hard time to.  I'm sure many of you chaps started shooting with a family member and that in my eyes makes it a family tradition and no different.  

Its such fun confusing them and then watching them trying to work out what just happened 

On 22/06/2020 at 23:12, Lloyd90 said:

Why aren’t BASC challenging them legally? 

Or better yet... putting that state of the art media centre to use making their own adverts about how corvid control or similar massively improves the countryside. 

They are too busy trying to get us all shooting steel.

4 hours ago, Walker570 said:

They are too busy trying to get us all shooting steel.

They are also battling the import export ban on hunting trophies. If that goes ahead it WILL be catastrophic for shooting in the UK. Once the antis have won one thing they will keep going just like they did in India