Jazz

treetree

Listen to the jazz greats, I used to have a collection of the great jazz artists. Chet baker, dizzi Gillespie, that era. Don't forget the ladies of jazz either, Nina Simone, Ella Fitzgerald. Some of my favourite singers to listen too.

Young Jamie cullum on radio has a good program and will give you some to seek out.

If you have Spotify or similar just look for jazz.

smooth 😂 

I am into the early Delta blues at the minute. 

Edited by figgy

3 hours ago, figgy said:

Listen to the jazz greats, I used to have a collection of the great jazz artists. Chet baker, dizzi Gillespie, that era. Don't forget the ladies of jazz either, Nina Simone, Ella Fitzgerald. Some of my favourite singers to listen too.

Young Jamie cullum on radio has a good program and will give you some to seek out.

smooth 😂 

Delta blues and the transition into jazz and bluegrass has some excellent music, likewise Chicago blues and the crossover into Chicago jazz.

I do find some bebop and some freeform jazz difficult to listen to, the technical musicality Is amazing, but some of it is hard work.  There is a lot of tension and release that makes it a challenge.

Davis - Kind of Blue

- Cookin'

- Sketches of Spain

Mingus - Moanin'

Sun Ra - Futuristic Sounds Of

Shepp - Blase

Them's the basics.

Remember the words of Viv Stanshall, 'Jazz; delicious hot, disgusting cold.' 

I grew up on Motorhead and still listen to them, but **** Burn Victim are way heavier, and jazzier:

17 hours ago, figgy said:

smooth 😂 

Yes I have Ella sings the Cole Porter song book absolute class 

15 hours ago, Wharf Rat said:

Davis - Kind of Blue

- Cookin'

- Sketches of Spain

Mingus - Moanin'

Sun Ra - Futuristic Sounds Of

Shepp - Blase

Them's the basics.

Remember the words of Viv Stanshall, 'Jazz; delicious hot, disgusting cold.' 

I grew up on Motorhead and still listen to them, but **** Burn Victim are way heavier, and jazzier:

Yeah! Feel'n that Jazzy vibe. I think? Names is familar. Think i went to school with him. Do they tour as the WJ trio on the Jazz circuit? Sure that's Ruth Tingay on vocal?:lol:  Sax solo was great. Angry Jazz. It's the future. Smooth! 😎 . . . . . Sound a bit like In Flames. A band that used to back Motorhead.    NB